Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Burned an analog port.. how to debug to see what needs replacing?

Posted by ansiomatic 
Burned an analog port.. how to debug to see what needs replacing?
July 17, 2014 09:53PM
So, i was there the other day thinking "Boy, it's such a hassle to change my hotend since i have to take out all its cables from the ribbon.. I should get some plugs for fast hotend switching", so i ordered a set of molex plugs and as soon as they arrived i started cutting the thermistor cable so i could attach the plug when *SPARK*... i had forgotten to switch off the power supply. The temperature got stuck at 186°, everything else was working fine. So after researching a bit and posting in the forums, i managed to change the thermistor port for the main hotend to the secondary hotend one and everything is well in the world again.
I have a RAMPS 1.4 board run by an Arduino Mega with the Marlin firmware.
I was wondering though, what needs replacing if i ever want to set up dual extrusion? The RAMPS board, the Arduino Mega or both?
Many thanks for the replies
Re: Burned an analog port.. how to debug to see what needs replacing?
July 20, 2014 09:53PM
The Mega needs replacing. You've fried the analog input for the hot end on the Mega board.
July 21, 2014 06:51AM
As the Mega has many ports it should be possible to route this signal to another pin. If you're fine with handling a soldering iron and editing your firmwares' config.h, that is.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 25, 2014 02:16PM
hmm.. that was my guess.. thanks for taking me out of the doubt.
i should surely modify my ramps board for that right?
i have no problems with soldering, i'll look into that, hopefully i'll manage to find some space on the board to route the pin.
many thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login