Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New build / Rambo problem

Posted by charlieRC 
New build / Rambo problem
July 13, 2014 02:14PM
I built a prusa about a year ago and it has worked flawlessly since. I used a 12v p/s and the Rambo 1.1b board and marlin firmware with pronterface.

I am now trying to build another printer using a 24v p/s and a Rambo 1.2e. I loaded the exact same version of marlin firmware and started by testing the motors but I am getting "printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use m999 to. Restart..."

At this point, the extruded and heat bed are not connected. Just the x, y, and z.motors are connected.
The power supply type is set to 1, and the board to 301 I didn't see any configuration that needed to change from the 12v. Rambo 1.1b printer.

Can anyone give me an idea of where to start troubleshooting?

Charlie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2014 02:23PM by charlieRC.
Re: New build / Rambo problem
July 13, 2014 06:41PM
You need to connect the thermistors or use 100K resistors to simulate them.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 14, 2014 08:39AM
So even though I am not plugging in the EXTRU or HB yet, I need the thermistors in place to test the motors? Both of them? That's an easy fix if that's it. Thanks. I will try.
July 14, 2014 01:11PM
You were right on!!!! Thank you very much. As soon as I plugged the thermisters in, the motors started working.

Now, a second problem: The heat bed power light comes on as soon as I plug in the power supply. Turning off the heat bed in Pronterface has no effect. I plugged in the bed heater and it is infact heating up. I didn't test the thermistor setting to see if it will turn off at temp, but at this point its moot. I need to make sure I can turn off the bed first, then I can test the thermistor.

Any ideas about this one?

Charlie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login