Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin electronics

Posted by TheDeadLives 
Marlin electronics
July 07, 2014 03:03PM
Does anyone know where i can get the marlin electronics?

I already searched online, in github, but i'm not able to find the marlin electronic that is described in reprap comparison of electronics (http://reprap.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Electronics)

Just can find this picture: [raw.githubusercontent.com]

If someone could help i would be grateful
Re: Marlin electronics
July 07, 2014 04:12PM
Marlin is not electronics. Marlin is firmware that resides in your arduino processor. Marlin is compatible with MANY different electronic boards - RAMPS, RAMBO, etc.
July 07, 2014 05:00PM
Yes, i know that Marlin is a software. But, if you check this page: [reprap.org] you will see that exists marlin electronics. If you go to github, and search by Marlin II there is a photo of the elctronics, the one that i posted: [raw.githubusercontent.com]

After all, there is or not a marlin electronic (in the image the pcb as the name marlin)? And the image is in the github of the creator of marlin

Graeful
July 08, 2014 02:54AM
There is marlin electronics...

It has been mentioned how this how it was going to confuse everyone.

I don’t know if it ever got released.. As you can see version is V0.1

So far its vapour ware.

I suspect your looking at this as you spotted the SPI steppers... (not yet normal for a reprap)
Take a look at [www.tbone.cc] is also a SPI stepper controller ie TMC2660 Stepper Driver and 4amp... and is out there now... no idea about its software etc..
certainly not standard common reprap firmware. But is just an gcode interpreter so most front ends should talk to it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2014 03:10AM by Dust.
July 09, 2014 11:41AM
Dust
There is marlin electronics...

It has been mentioned how this how it was going to confuse everyone.

I don’t know if it ever got released.. As you can see version is V0.1

So far its vapour ware.

I suspect your looking at this as you spotted the SPI steppers... (not yet normal for a reprap)
Take a look at [www.tbone.cc] is also a SPI stepper controller ie TMC2660 Stepper Driver and 4amp... and is out there now... no idea about its software etc..
certainly not standard common reprap firmware. But is just an gcode interpreter so most front ends should talk to it.

So, there is any way of getting the files of the electronics? I was very interesed in them (touch screen, 32 bit processor with 168MHz, stepper motor driver, etc).

There is any way of contacting the creator of marlin?

Grateful

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2014 12:01PM by TheDeadLives.
July 09, 2014 05:31PM
http://reprap.org/wiki/Marlin_Electronics

https://github.com/ErikZalm

I don't think that Erik van der Zalm should be too difficult to track down.....
July 10, 2014 03:11AM
His nick is on the reprap IRC channel.

But hasn’t been seen a 2 weeks..

I have left him a message, to see if there are any updates.
July 10, 2014 10:12AM
Dust
His nick is on the reprap IRC channel.

But hasn’t been seen a 2 weeks..

I have left him a message, to see if there are any updates.

Grateful
July 27, 2014 08:32AM
Hi, as far as I am aware, Erik is developping this for Ultimaker.

That's what I fond out from what he said, so I am not speaking on his behalf ;-)

They (ultimaker) wish to dustribute the electronics first when Erik releases it, in turn they compensate for development cost. Erik doesn't have a problem with open sourcing it, but since noone has the hardware yet, he does not see a reason why he should release the code so far.

So since helping him is out of option at the moment, I guess all we can do at the moment is wait.

But still, it would be great from Erik to maybe update us a little on the progress and maybe he even re-thinks his decission and releases schematics and code, I believe that following the open hardware idea, people are willing to get the hardware done themselves and contribute in development.. That would be awesome!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 08:34AM by Yellobello.
July 27, 2014 04:38PM
Yeah, that was my idea. I wanted to see some schematics, make one board and see what i could make better. Furthermore, i would try to help a little in the code. Releasing it would be a great idea.
January 16, 2015 04:25AM
It´s been a while... any updates on this one since?
January 17, 2015 04:14PM
Marlin electronics is used on the Orca-XXL but as the company was sold some time ago i don`t think the new owner will make it open source.
It`s Running Marlin-II but very useless without a shematics, and i also think its older than the version which is running on the XXL.

Chri

[chrisu02.wordpress.com] Quadmax Intel Delid Tools
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login