Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Molex connectors - Help!

Posted by moviedemon 
Molex connectors - Help!
May 08, 2014 12:24PM
Apparently I'm too much of a noob, because I've been searching for hours, for what seems like a really basic piece of info, and have had zero luck so far.

My stepper motors came without connectors, so I'm trying to find the part number for the Molex connectors in the pic below. Every reference I see refers to them as "standard Molex connectors," however when I search online for "Molex female 4-pin connector" I find the KK series, which I'm familiar with, but nothing that looks like this pic. What am I missing?!

Re: Molex connectors - Help!
May 08, 2014 02:47PM
Try here. You can further filter it down based on the number of rows and positions.
May 08, 2014 09:19PM
I don't think that it is a Molex-brand connector, but rather a 0.1" spacing pin header plug.

The Molex 2510 has the same pin spacing, and is the common keyed Molex connector used on stepper motors:

http://www.tridprinting.com/Electronics/#3D-Printer-Connectors-Harnesses-Crimps
May 09, 2014 04:32AM
I'd strongly recommend to use connectors with a latch to protect against insertion the wrong way. Molex KK100 is the de-facto standard, many others are compatible.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

May 12, 2014 04:45AM
I prefer the Molex SL series - this has wire-to-wire housings (as well as male and female pins) that the KK is missing, and also has a SL-wire-to-KK-board keyed compatible connector as well as plain connectors similar to the image
May 12, 2014 10:00AM
vreihen
I don't think that it is a Molex-brand connector, but rather a 0.1" spacing pin header plug.
That's the problem with saying that you're looking for a "molex connector". Molex is a brand and they only have a bazillion different styles of connectors. What spacing do you need? Do you want it keyed? Latch? Friction fit? pins or blade connectors... If you really want that style of connector molex brand, then [http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/0050579004/WM2802-ND/115008]here's your connector[/url]. But you end up paying about twice what you can get the same part from a "lesser" brand.

The style of connector that should be used is determined by what he's plugging it in to. A latched or key plug is pointless if the header pins are just standard header pins like what RAMPS commonly comes with. But if he has a Melzi some other board that has a different style of header, then a different connector is appropriate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login