Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Objet built Darwin on the verge of working I need some pointers

Posted by Curlrup 
Objet built Darwin on the verge of working I need some pointers
January 29, 2010 10:11PM
Well I have it all wired up...loaded the firmware I think I got everything tweaked for using a thermister, stepper motor on the extruder and a min and max opto on each axis. I plug everything in go through all of the steps to run the host software in Windows 7 and I have no extruder stepper control at all, x and y only move forward. Z doesn't move at all, and if it sits long enough the z axis twitches.....oh and one of the optoendstop jacks on the y stepper board lights up the endstop it is plugged into. This is all gen 2 electronics they were all tested after they were built and passed inspection....I'm a little overwhelmed as to where to start. Oh and teh extruder heats up. Any ideas? I'm think ing part of the problem is firmware, and part is flakey host software running virtually through eclipse. Thoughts?
Re: Objet built Darwin on the verge of working I need some pointers
January 30, 2010 06:14PM
Ok I was not really thinking here....the extruder motor didn't work because well it was not up to temp yet. I also did some firmware tweaks...then my power supply died.....so I'm going nowhere fast until I can get another power supply. If anyone can think of any other tweaks I need to do let me know I would very much apprciate it.

Curly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login