Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motors inconsistent jogging in positve direction

Posted by RHCranked 
Motors inconsistent jogging in positve direction
April 01, 2014 02:04PM
I have replaced the ramps based board on my Leapfrog Creatr to a Rambo 1.2 with LCD. Setting up the new board was going well until I noticed that the X and Y motors were not turning consistently when jogged in the positive direction. They move correctly when jogged in the negative direction. The Z axis moves perfect in both directions. I have tried playing with the current settings as well as swapping out motors and cables, but nothing seems to be working. I also tried to reduce the acceleration, but that did not work either.

Is there any other settings that I can adjust that might fix this problem? I find it really weird that this problem only occurs in the positive direction.
Re: Motors inconsistent jogging in positve direction
April 10, 2016 05:32PM
Hi,

I'm having the same problem, did you sorted it out. Please let me know.
April 10, 2016 06:06PM
What stepper driver chips are you using, and are they set to fast decay mode?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 27, 2016 04:25PM
rsuastegui
Hi,

I'm having the same problem, did you sorted it out. Please let me know.
Check polarity of your motors and plugs. I'll allmost wager you need to flip one or both Paris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2016 04:26PM by dintid.

My Instructables - both total newbie instructables and some for intermediate users.
My Designs on Thingiverse
YouTube channel containing a few 3D printing videos - they are videos for my Instructables, and mostly not standalone.
Ultius / Tantillus Thingiverse Group
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login