Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stucked steppers. Anyone saw something similar before?

Posted by laknerdavid 
Stucked steppers. Anyone saw something similar before?
February 21, 2014 06:37AM
Hy everyone! Thanks forward for helping me.

Here is my video, what i uploaded: [youtu.be]

As it shown on this video, in the same circumstances (same wiriring, same volt adjustments, same driver) my "Z" axis is working, but the "y" (and also the "x") won't. I changed the motors, but it's not the fault of the steppers, because on the "Z" wiriring both of them works perfectly. I also changed the "y" stepper motor driver (Pololou A4988) (i had some "leftover" from my order), but it won't change nothing.

What can cause this problem? Anyone saw something similar before?
Thank you so much forward for all again!

David
Re: Stucked steppers. Anyone saw something similar before?
February 21, 2014 12:34PM
From what i understand, by changing the drivers and motors you determined that drivers are ok and the problem relies with the motor itself. Have you tried measuring the motor coils / resistance at the driver location, perhaps there is an interruption somewhere. Else maybe the shaft is stuck or some mechanical issue inside and you may need to open the motor.
February 24, 2014 03:31AM
Thank you NoobMan for your reply!
But I determined that not just the drivers, but the motors are also in good condition. Because as i mentioned

on the "Z" wiriring both of them (the "Z" and the "Y" motor) works perfectly
From my understanding the problem can be:
  1. in the firmware
  2. in wiriring
My only problem is, i feel like i had reached the limits of my knowledge, and i don't know where to continue.

Anyone else? Saw something similar?
Thanks forward!

David
February 24, 2014 05:42AM
Oh i see, my bad. Then both drivers and the motors are good, just they dont work for X axis. That could be because of step/dir line, need to identify on which uC pin number these start and where end on driver, and check the pins.h for x_step_pin number and x_dir-pin number. Maybe these tracks have some hardware issue like shorts or such, or maybe they just have their pins numbers switched to each other in firmware pins.h. Something like this could explain it.
February 24, 2014 06:05AM
Check the pins.h file with pins definition for the motherboard defined in config.h and write down the numbers of Xstep and Xdir and Xenable. Download and open the source files for the electronics of your motherboard and check these lines on which uC pin they are. First ensure if the pins numbering are correct and specifically numbers are not mixed to each other. If that passes, try multimeter continuity to each from the specific uC pin to the place on driver, then resistance between the tracks, and then between each track and gnd and +5v or check anything else that looks particular. However i think the pins definition numbers are mixed coz i see the motor does make a move and i suppose it would require more than a short to make it behave like in vid, e.g. change dir on its own and behave like that. You could also check the sleep pin if the driver has any, because that also resets the ustep position to a full position and could appear similar, tho i think its probably not the case with sleep.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login