Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

my DC motor not working with arduino.

Posted by Lukasz 
my DC motor not working with arduino.
November 06, 2009 07:31PM
Hi i am using the second generation electronics with arduino. I have tested my DC extruder motor with the test program and it works. When i upload the full firmware to my arduino and use the host program on my PC the extruder doesn't work. Everything else works. The the x-y-z no problem. The fan and the heater works. Will the extruder work even if the temperature is not high enough?
I heated the extruder up to 200 C and pressed the extrude button. I monitored the DC motor connections but there is no signal. I checked the arduino outputs 11 and 12 but there is no signal. Please help.
emt
Re: my DC motor not working with arduino.
November 07, 2009 07:03AM
Exactly which version of firmware?

Regards

Ian
I followed the instructions at on [dev.www.reprap.org]. And than "Program the Arduino or Sanguino to talk G Code". I downloaded all the files from [reprap.svn.sourceforge.net]. I am using the DC motor for the extruder, DC Motor Driver v1.1 MakerBot industries circuit and Arduino Duemilanove as a controller. The DC motor is wired to the A+/- output on the DC Driver. The DC driver ground is connected to Arduino ground. The PWM_A and DIR_A is connected to pin 11 and 12. I use oscilloscope on the outputs but there is no change when I press the button on my PC. Thanks.
I think i know what it is. It is the FiveD set to true and my hardware is FourD. Can i use the FiveD with Arduino?
emt
Re: my DC motor not working with arduino.
November 08, 2009 07:29AM
Hi

I don't think so. There is a note in the latest code that 5D has to have a Sanguino.

Regards

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login