Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Have a makerbot sitting right here infront of me

Posted by RyanHendrickson 
all the lights are glowing and all the cables are plugged in right and I can't seem to get it talking to my computer or my computer to talk to it.I feel like I am making a huge mistake. Anyone have any idea?
Re: Have a makerbot sitting right here infront of me
October 22, 2009 02:44AM
Did your motherboard and extruder board come with bootloaders pre loaded? I needed to get an ISP programmer to load them; I hear you can use an Arduino in a pinch, but it's not simple.

Also, a few details would help - what firmware are you running, what host software, what OS, etc. I'm firing up a Darwin with Makerbot electronics right now, but I'm using the Mendel firmware, so my setup will be a bit different than yours, but it should be close, at least up to the point where you can load the firmware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2009 02:44AM by Wade.
I am running what is on the batch 7 run. so the most upto date up from oct 2. I was trying to run with replicator g but it was giving me java errors but I think I can debug it through some other stuff on the other forums. I am running on win 7 64 bit.
Re: Have a makerbot sitting right here infront of me
October 22, 2009 09:54AM
Look in the software forum there are supposedly issues with the software and windows 64bit
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login