Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen3 electronics

Posted by Jeff B 
Gen3 electronics
October 11, 2009 09:58PM
1. On the motherboard, on 20 pin power connector are the 3.3v inputs used for anything? I looked at schematic and saw that it was called out but could not see that it went anywhere else on the schematic.

2. On the Stepper driver, what is the most efficient manner to connect the stepper to this connector: stepper?

3. All of my electronics power supply and a computer are all going to be inside the same enclosure, should I worry about interference from some of the electronics?

Thanks for any help

Jeff Ballard
Re: Gen3 electronics
October 13, 2009 10:58PM
1. 3v3 goes to the sd-card socket. eagle will highlight all tracks and pins if you use the 'name' tool smiling smiley

2. the matching KK-156 header plug, although I would put screw terminals in the board instead of that to keep things easy.

3. you may get some interference from the motor drivers, so keep motor wires well away from everything else, and ask google about interference suppression. I'd also suggest putting suppression chokes on the power wires going to the motor drivers, as those will carry fluctuating currents too. In fact, a separate supply and case would be best, but you may try piggy-backing them if you're certain that the noise won't fry anything on the motherboard...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login