Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

refactoring nightmareos!

Posted by ZachHoeken 
refactoring nightmareos!
June 16, 2007 08:09PM
so, i sat down today to do some very simple things. move some components, fix some silkscreens, etc. instead, i ended up embarking on a 3 hour journey which left the universal controller board disemboweled and begging for mercy. first was the connectors. except either the Tx or Rx connector is wired opposite in the schematic. same for the min/max. i tried to fix it at the cause, and then ran into netlist problems. well, i created the proper modules, saved them to the reprap library, and then edited the component list. so good so far. somehow 5V regulator lost its mojo. had to go fix that. the final straw was when the L298 had 0 pins connected. i had to call it quits. thank god for subversion!

i made a backup of my little voyage, for v1.3 reference. it actually wasn't too bad, rather it was just too many changes, and we just released v1.2. on the plus side, i did create nice silkscreened .100", keyed connectors and put them in the reprap library!!! tomorrow i'll go about manually changing the connector modules, as well as making 'backwards' connectors that i can use as a temporary fix until we fix it in the schematic.

i'd like to get an order of these boards out ASAP, seeing as how the RRRF is sold out of universals again. i also want to be 100% sure that any changes i make wont break the board in any way. so, i'm going to go the safe route, and then perhaps i can think about doing the whole board redesign for v1.3 or v2.0, which would be months down the road.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login