Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hosted thermistor reading highconfused smiley

Posted by wingtime 
hosted thermistor reading highconfused smiley
August 22, 2013 01:32PM
Hello everyone I'm new to the 3D printer world with a Mendelmax 1.5 style printer that I just finished building. My Mk V-BV hotend thermistor (Semitec ) seems to be reading 30c to 50c higher than then the actual hotend temperature is when measured with my temperature probe. I've double checked my marlin thermistor settings (5), my wiring etc. The thermistor reads the correct temperature when the hot end is cold. The resistance of the thermistor at room temperature is about 90k. I tried a PID auto turn with no effect. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Re: hosted thermistor reading highconfused smiley
August 22, 2013 02:36PM
If your thermistor, like many others is mounted in a hole, right next to your heat source, inside a metal block, its gonna read hotter than a measurement taken on the surface of you nozzle.

What happened when you tried to Autotune? did it get any where near the set point? Have you got fans pointing at your hotend?

Have you tried to extrude any filament yet with your printer? Either manually by turning the drive gears or controlled through your host software? If so what happens?

=======================================================
A wise man once told me "Never trust a man who doesn't own a shed!"
Gen 6 daughter board
[forums.reprap.org]
Mendel PCB heatbed
[forums.reprap.org]
Re: hosted thermistor reading highconfused smiley
August 28, 2013 02:34PM
I replaced the thermistor and it seems to be reading correctly now. Not sure if the thermistor was faulty or the install in the hotend was ( air bubble etc).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login