Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new to 3d printing, possible to build without ramps?

Posted by Waffel 
new to 3d printing, possible to build without ramps?
August 18, 2013 05:56PM
-edit-

*sigh*

Nevermind. I'm an idiot.

Here I had assumed everytime I read "Arduino Due", it was just someone shortening "duemilanove", when apparently the Due is significantly larger and has more resources than the duemilanove.

I have a lot more to read before I start exposing my ignorance to the public. Just ignore me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all,

I'm new to 3d printing and trying put together a parts list to build a prusa i3. I already own an arduino duemilanove, and I can't find hardly any documentation for using a due in a 3d printer. It seams teacup will compile on it(supposedly), but there is no existing ramps for it.

Now I have to imagine that these projects existed before the ramps design was put together, so there has to be a way to build one broken out into pieces. I've found a schematic for a pwm driver board on the wiki that should work to control the hot-end and the heat bed, but I haven't found anything to control the stepper drivers.

Like I said, I'm new to the 3d printing world, and I'm still very early in my arduino learning.

I obviously could just spend the money and buy a mega with a ramps shield kit and be done with it, but that doesn't feel very diy to me.
I'd like to actually learn how this works rather than just snap pieces together.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any documentation, or could point me in a good direction?

Thank you for your help. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2013 06:30PM by Waffel.
Re: new to 3d printing, possible to build without ramps?
August 18, 2013 07:00PM
I'm building my electronic based on RAMPS, but for the Arduino Uno. I suppose it can work on the Duemilanove as well.

My idea is to make it into small modules so it can fit with different micro-controllers or add modules to add more functionality (heat bed, dual extruder, lcd screen, ...). I like the idea of a diy solution and I also try to make it as cheap and accessible as possible.

Look at it, if your interested, i'll add more info about it.
http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?13,119383
http://www.fgascon.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2013 07:03PM by fgascon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login