Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Steppers not moving.

Posted by magicmodel 
Steppers not moving.
August 14, 2013 03:24PM
Hi Electronica gurus,

I have a really easy one for you.........

At the moment I have the following setup on my Sanguinololu 1.3a board for my Sumpod Delta:

and when I connect in Pronterface I get the following encouraging looking message:

BUT......when I try to move steppers nothing happens.
Am I missing something really obvious?

3D Printing never sleeps
MAGICMODEL
Re: Steppers not moving.
August 20, 2013 04:35PM
Were you able to fix it?
There are many reasons for that and I will explain the one I faced. The issue was no of steps i.e. mm/min. It seems yours is right now 3000. Mine too was very high. When I tried to move my stepper motors would hum but not move. After lot of searching I found the steps setting was the issue. I had to reduce it to 50 to make it move. Each stepper motor will have a different setting but try lowering it to a very low level and then keep increasing till it stops moving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 04:51PM by AnandMG.
August 21, 2013 05:29AM

Each stepper motor will have a different setting but try lowering it to a very low level and then keep increasing till it stops moving.

Pardon. There's only one right setting for each motor of a printer. It's given by the gearing of each axis (pulley teeth count, tooth modulus). If that doesn't move your axes, you have to solve the problem by other means. For example by reducing acceleration, increasing motor current/tourque or reducing printing speed.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 22, 2013 05:23PM
Sorry guys, I don't mean to start an argument.
I ended up shorting the board out with too high a voltage.....doh!
Maybe I will just buy a printrboard or something more reliable.
Thanks for your comments, it's appreciated.
August 23, 2013 06:58AM
A Printrboard won't survive a 220V injection either winking smiley

Sanguinololu allows to replace ATmega and Pololus, so I'd do that. If it wasn't 220V, but just 12V, all other components have probably survived.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 24, 2013 08:32AM
@magicmodel,

It may be too late, but you have your cooldrvs mounted wrong way round. The pins marked A1,A2,B1,B2 should be closest to the motor connector.
August 24, 2013 12:22PM
Cheers bobc. I knew you would spot something obvious! I will go and try that now. Fingers crossed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login