Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotends!

Posted by dbarzel 
Hotends!
August 09, 2013 02:16AM
Hello all, i need help with deciding which hotend should i use... i know the j-head MK V is very popular but its a bit pricey for me... and i found a j-head replica for less money, should i take the risk and buy it? does anyone have a better solution? please help!

Thanks ahead, dbarzel.
Re: Hotends!
August 09, 2013 03:38AM
the j-head replicas from china are crap... i personally use one and the pressure needed to extrude a 1.75 mm abs filament is almost the same as 3 mm which is ridiculous.. I will be changing soon to a original MK V or a E3d.... this is one thing you should put your money in....
August 10, 2013 03:54PM
Thank you! so now im trying to decide between an E3D to j-head tongue sticking out smiley, can i hear some opinions or recommendations from some E3D or j-head owners?
August 23, 2013 02:32PM
dbarzel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you! so now im trying to decide between an
> E3D to j-head tongue sticking out smiley, can i hear some opinions or
> recommendations from some E3D or j-head owners?

This probably isn't the right forum to get many replies to this. However, I have used both hot ends extensively. I currently use two E3D hot ends on my main printer with dual extrusion. Previously I had used J-Heads. Both are excellent (assuming you get an original J-Head from hotends.com and not a cheap knockoff).

The J-Heads are far more compact, and a good choice if you don't plan on printing with high temperature materials like polycarbonate. If you would like the option to print with higher temp materials, the E3D is a good choice although quite large. The E3D requires the fan to always be running, and the J-Head requires a fan if you are printing with PLA.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login