Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pololu reprap.me driver no reference voltage

Posted by gordon13 
Pololu reprap.me driver no reference voltage
July 18, 2013 12:57PM
Hello, I bought a pololu driver from reprap.me on ebay. I had a problem with soldering one of the connector legs that goes to the sanguino (the VDD leg) where some solder went and attached itself to a nearby resistor.
I cut it away and I tried setting the current limiting potentiometer. No voltage was detected. I tried testing on the side of the potentiometer, tried on each leg, tried right in the centre and none of those points appear to get any voltage!

I checked the VDD pin against the ground pin and found around 5V so voltage is getting to the board.

I fear I may have cut a track that was underneath the solder. I cant actually see any track so I cant tell if anything was indeed cut but the board is obviously not working so I'm thinking a broken track might be the reason.

this pictures shows where I made the cut. Does anyone have a schematic for this or knows what components on the board this pin should be connected to?
[puu.sh]

After some reading I hear some people are having problems with the boards from reprap.me. Something about 4984 chips which dont work properly. My board uses a 4982 so I don't know well this one works.

Hope someone can help
Re: Pololu reprap.me driver no reference voltage
July 27, 2013 03:34AM
Hi Gordon,

I think your cut was the problem and you need to restore the solder bridge. That "resistor" that you cut free seems to be the capacitor C6, right next to R5. So it should be connected to VDD. Your bridge only reinforced an already existing connection.

This is the schematic of the original Pololu-driver: [b.pololu-files.com]
Your modules seem to use the very same part numbering.

Hope that helps,

Michael

-----------

3D printer electronics
Campaign on Ulule.com for MaKrPanel with graphical LCD and improved Melzi controller board

improved Melzi controller board
Panel with graphical LCD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login