Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

printrboard issues

Posted by myfacelackseyes 
printrboard issues
June 30, 2013 09:53AM
Hi, I would have posted this in the printrboard forum but for some reasoon I can't create an account- it tells me my email address is invalid (I tried several and even created a few extra mail accounts)

Anyway my problem is this, I had a m4 mendel up and running for a few years before the gen6 electronics I was using finally kicked it, I replaced the board with a printrboard since it was the cheapest on offer I could find and seemed to have fairly good reviews.

Having installed marlin on the machine- I used the preset configuration.h for mendel prusa I've found that while I can connect to the printer and control the steppers and extruder, there seems to be some limitation imposed on the range of motion of the machine.

The Y axis can move about a third of its full range of motion while the X axis barely an eighth and Z axis will only move .1mm up and down.

I've checked all the connections and as far as I can tell everything is where it should be- I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issues?

I also attemtped to run the board using repetier however while I successfully installed the firmware, I found that the motors would not move and I could not even heat the extruder.

I'm at my wits end here, I hope someone can help- I'll check back the printrboard forums in a few hours to see if the email issue was a transient error.
Re: printrboard issues
June 30, 2013 03:22PM
right, I managed to get the board working and the axes moving freely- not actually sure what I did, just kept reinstalling different marlin then repetier- I don't like electronic witchcraft reminds me of blowing on N64 cartridges...
anyway I'm now having a problem with the torque output of the Y axis motor, that axis is a little stiff but as I said the gen6 electronics had no problem running this machine.
Is there any reason there would be a reduction in torque and is there any way to address this? I assume it has something to do with the pot on the pololu?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login