Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4pi and Nema 17

Posted by kabriolin60 
4pi and Nema 17
June 22, 2013 11:19AM
Hi,

I've just recieved my 4pi board to use on a personnal 3d printer.

And i've to make some tests, the first one, was to connect to board to my pc...make it recognized...programm it....After it done (not so easy), i've connected a nema17 stepper, a battery (12V) lunch the interface, connect it to the board...

Up to here, every thing is good, then I tried to move the stepper, it made some noise, vibration, and the driver became VERY hot in 1 ou 2 seconds.

I've changed the current limit (in the init_configuration.h file), then re-make it, re-programm the board, that is no longer detected, you have to put a wire between two pins...but nothing better happen.

If someone has any idea, or link (it's not easy to find some documentation )

Thx,
Re: 4pi and Nema 17
June 22, 2013 11:42AM
Ok, sorry, connecting problem....

But always a problem when deconnecting/reconnecting the board, i've to reprogram it each time/
June 22, 2013 11:56AM
Have you tried changing the current on the board? motor calibration
June 23, 2013 07:32AM
ralph80 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you tried changing the current on the board?
> motor calibration

The principles described there are valid, but it is worth nothing that the 4pi does not have trimpots, it uses software controlled digipots instead.

Based on a quick look at the firmware it appears there is a Gcode command to set the current limit :
 M906 - Set motor current (mA) (M906 X1000 Y1000 Z1000 E1000 B1000) or set all (M906 S1000)

I don't know if there is a way to make the setting non-volatile, or if you have to set it every power on.

I'm not quite convinced of software current limit control yet, trimpots may be limited but they are quite simple.
June 23, 2013 08:17AM
Now it's ok,

It was a mistake in motor connecting.
The current limit can be non volatile (when re-programming the board) in the init-configuration.h file.

About the non-detection I've change this line in the main.c file:

PIO_InitializeInterrupts(0);

It was comment, so I un-comment it, and it's works fine now.

Just a little mechanics to do before having it ops.

thx
June 23, 2013 12:25PM
sorry. i really have not any idea about it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login