Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0xed

Posted by ralph80 
June 21, 2013 02:07AM
I've changed the topic. Iam hoping someone can solve this problem.

Hello guys,

I'am a newbie when it comes to building a 3d printer.On the internet i read a lot of information regarding the prusa.There is so much that i am i little confused. At this moment i'am finished with the mechanical part of the build. Now i'am trying to calibrate the printer. I run in to a few problems and i'am hoping that you guys can help me with this.

problem number 1: To calibrate the steps of the motor i need to adjust the firmware in arduino. I can't pick the board i have in the menu! I bought my sanguinololu 1.3a from the internet. On the board it says: tested and programmed. But to adjust the steps i need to know the firmware that is on the board. Is there a program that can retrieve this because when i want to load the changes on to my board i get the following message:

In file included from heater.cpp: 28:
/ pins.h: 674:2: error: # error Oops! Make sure you have 'Sanguino' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu.

no idea what that means, sanguino is not on that list. I also don't know how to get it on the list. At least i can't find it on the internet.

On the internet there isn't a step by step guide on how to install the sanguinololu 1.3a board. I have read a lot on the wiki page about the sanguinololu, I can't really find what i need to do. from a to z

Problem number 2: is that the nozzle of my hotend is jammed. Is there an easy way to clean this?

I hope you guys can help me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2013 12:33PM by ralph80.

-------->Your only limitation is your own imagination<----------
Re: firmware problem(s) and nozzle jammed
June 21, 2013 05:23AM
In the 'Electronics' section of the wiki (amungst other places) you will find links to various firmwares, in each (in most cases) will be a folder named 'sangulino' with instructions on how to add support to the Arduino IDE. Or maybe you will come across a folder named '1_arduino-0018-incl_sanguino' - if you have this your ready to go! ( I got mine from the GEN6 software download).

As far as blocked nozzles go, its upto you to figure out your favourite method, I stripped my extruder and connected my hot end to a lead acid battery, whilst pulling out the filament with tweezers, and passing mod wire through the nozzle to push the remaining filament out of the way.
Some folks soak their hot ends in acitone over night and then pass new filament through to push out the old, some use drill bits. its really up to you.

Im new to this too, I only got my (half built, second hand) kit three weeks ago and I'm still learning.
June 21, 2013 06:16AM
Hello Slymike,

The firmware is already on the board. I can use pronterface. The thing is i can't adjust the stepper timing. Arduino can't find my board.

As far as the nozzle goes i will try the things you mentioned, I hope it works.

June 21, 2013 06:51AM
What firmware are you running?
June 21, 2013 06:53AM
You can not be connected to the host (Pronterface) and use the Arduino IDE to upload firmware at the same time.
If you have Pronterface running make sure that you are NOT CONNECTED to the serial port.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
June 21, 2013 07:04AM
^^^^^^^^^^ Good point! ^^^^^^^^
June 21, 2013 07:37AM
Hey guys thanks for thinking along,

I understand that i can't run two connected programs at the same time! still the problem is that i can't upload the steps because arduino can't find my board at least i still get the message when i want to compile:

/ pins.h: 674:2: error: # error Oops! Make sure you have 'Sanguino' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu.

I don't know what firmware is on my board. Is there a program to find that out?

June 21, 2013 07:43AM
Does you arduino folder and IDE look anything like the attached picture?
Attachments:
open | download - screendump1.jpg (352.1 KB)
June 21, 2013 07:48AM

BEFORE it uploads it tries to compile which it can't because you do NOT have 'Sanguiono' selected in the "Tools -> Boards" menu!

Those that can read have a definite advantage!

It doesn't matter what firmware is on the board since you are uploading a new firmware which you then KNOW is the current firmware on the board!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
June 21, 2013 07:50AM
BTW You need to find out what firmware you have loaded on your board and download a copy to your PC. Probably best to check the site that sold it to you.

The Arduino IDE only lets you upload new code to your board, you can't download it to the IDE from your controller board and edit it again.
June 21, 2013 09:13AM
I've copied the firmware from marlin to the hardware list from arduino. Now i can select the sanguino board from the list. When i test it i get an okay when i want to upload it i get the following message:

June 21, 2013 09:39AM
Ok, I'm not familiar with your board but check to see if it has a jumper labled "enable reset", or something similar
Also you can get around this problem by holding the reset button whilst it compiles and release the button as soon as the IDE displays something like "done compliling, file size xxx" in the info box.
June 21, 2013 10:49AM
i've done this using the wiki. But still i get the same message.
June 21, 2013 11:06AM
It might help if the baud rate in control panel matches that of your firmware. That's helped me before. Also double check your connections, and if your using more than 1 usb serial lead/ device, check your connected to the right one.
June 21, 2013 12:25PM
This also didn't work i still get the same message. I've treid several things. Is there maybe another solution to this problem?
Re: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0xed
June 21, 2013 06:09PM
Make sure your usb cable is away from power and stepper cables.
Try a different cable if you have another.
Check to see if your Firewall / Security software has sandboxed arduino in some way.
Try the hold reset trick 10 times in a row, it should work at least once.
June 22, 2013 07:11AM
Any joy?
June 22, 2013 11:27AM
Slymike

You are my hero. i've added arduino to my firewall and .............................IT WORKED. I disconnected all of the other cables and changed the setting in the bautrate to 38400 in board.txt and in the serialport to 384000 (default 587000). I haven't got time to test it yet. Still have to connect everything, but still it said in arduino "uploaded". So that are good signs

Thanks
June 24, 2013 03:12AM
ralph80
and changed the setting in the bautrate to 38400 in board.txt and in the serialport to 384000 (default 587000)

I think what you wanted to write was:
and changed the setting in the baudrate to 38400 in board.txt and in the serial port to 38400 (default 58700)

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
June 27, 2013 05:15AM
Glad you sorted it. thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login