Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstop connection confusion.

Posted by Troz 
Endstop connection confusion.
June 19, 2013 08:21PM
Hi Guys,

I'm about half way through my very first build of a Rostock Delta and everything is going great so far but I have just run into a small issue that has me confused as hell.

I purchased one of the G3D Ultra kits off ebay, see here: G3D eBay, purely because I figured a kit like this would help me get started, seeing as I'm so new to this. It has been pretty good so far and I have just started wiring everything up, where I have ran in to my first issue, the endstops.

The endstops provided in the kit are based on the MakerBot Mechanical Endstop v1.2 which has a 4 pin connector (SIG + GND + GND + VCC), but the cables that have been provided to be used with them are 3 pin connectors which is where the confusion is.

At first thought I figured they provided me with the wrong cables but this can't be correct as they sell quite a lot of these kits (according to their feedback) and they seem to know what they're doing because they were just funded on Kickstarter for one of their own commercial builds.

Am missing something? Is there anyone here that's able to shed some light on how to wire up these endstops? I emailed them last night which I'm still waiting to hear back but figured I would ask here also to see if anyone else knows the answer and to keep it public for anyone else that may run in to the same issue.
Also something to note, there was an information page "wiki.makerbot.com/me1" but this no longer exists.

Thanks in advance guys.
Re: Endstop connection confusion.
June 20, 2013 06:53PM
So G3D got back to me and explained that the cables provided should be used with the regular Mechanical Endstops that are also provided in the kit which makes a lot more sense.

Thanks to anyone who read this and if anyone else has some confusion with this kit please feel free to contact me and I may be able to help out winking smiley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login