Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cheapest Solution For Controlling My Steppers?

Posted by yaueh 
Cheapest Solution For Controlling My Steppers?
May 30, 2013 12:01AM
I have been tryin to find out what is the cheapest way to get my steppers up and running?
If anybody can help
I have an arduino uno so not sure if that would help
but if it would be cheaper to buy like an all in one board with the drivers or something?
sorry im confused on all this electronic and programming but am dedicated to this project!
thanks
Re: Cheapest Solution For Controlling My Steppers?
May 30, 2013 06:07AM
May 30, 2013 04:39PM
If you want to spend a lot of time you could probably get a ramps board to work with the UNO. You would have to wire it pin to pin as I think the RAMPS board wants an Arduino Mega 2560 or similar. Other options include the original pololu electronics design that you can do on a strip board.

If you don't use the UNO you could build a Sanguinololu or Gen7 board DIY for around $30 or so depending on your junkbox and skill. Pololu drivers will add another $40 to that. So about $70 for a complete system.

And of course you could buy a Sanguish board from me. $40 + shipping which includes the drivers.
May 30, 2013 06:00PM
bryanandaimee
thanks for the input
this sanguish board is it pre assembled or would i have to assemble it?
and what firmware does it run would i be able to use teacup and plug and play? with pronterface as my gcode sender?
or what would be the best for it (running on mac)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2013 06:02PM by yaueh.
May 31, 2013 01:10PM
Yes, it is assembled, and teacup is a good firmware for these drivers, as well as Repetier.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login