Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Xbox 360 psu Female connector HELP

Posted by chris33 
Xbox 360 psu Female connector HELP
May 26, 2013 01:48PM
Hi i am trying to put a easy circuit together to put the connector on so i can easily mount it in a case and it be easier to run the wires from it

Heres my first attempt

photo 1e35983e-1167-4fbb-aafb-5092eaf4c247.jpg

i printed it out on a piece of paper and the pins slightly out not the mounting holes just the pins does anyone know where I can find something to get the holes correct for the pins so i know when i come to transfer it too the pcb for etching that they will be in the right position

cheers

chris
Re: Xbox 360 psu Female connector HELP
May 27, 2013 07:33AM
update anyone know where i can find heavy copper clad pcb board or how to go about etching a double sided pcb board, the reason being the traces will have to carry a 12v 16.5 amp load over a 25mm+ distance,
June 17, 2013 04:36PM
If your etching a PCB and putting it in a box why not cut the xbox plug off and connect the wires with .2" screwdown connectors or solder them directly to some fat tracks and then deal with the 4 remaining wires (GND, +12V, +5V, PWR ON) through a nice sturdy plug / socket combo going to your reprap.

Also your gonna have trouble even with a double sided pcb as you can only solder the bottom layer to your connector and the top tracks would barely be connected, if at all due to a lack of plated through holes in the pcb and the fact that your connector is sat directly where you would need to gain access to make the top side solder joints.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 04:38PM by slymike.
June 17, 2013 04:51PM
i scraped the idea off, instead i made two 12v rails wired them to the ramps connector then spliced a fan in the 11 amps side and a switch on power enabled and +5vsb but im going to take the switch of and put a two pin connector and connect it to the ps_on pins on the ramps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login