Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rambo with newest Marlin hotend current issues

Posted by tkole 
Rambo with newest Marlin hotend current issues
May 08, 2013 10:32AM
I am currently using a Rambo board with the newest Marlin firmware and a 12V power supply on one of my machines. The hotend is a budaschnozzle with a standard resistor heating element. I previously had this running with a RAMPS 1.4 setup until an accident resulted in a fried out board. Before that, I would set my hotend to temp with a small fan blowing over the mount plate to prevent filament jams and had no problems. Now, with my Rambo setup, if I activate the fan I have trouble reaching my hotend set point. I have the pid_max set to 256 in the firmware but it seams that the load supplied to the hotend is significantly reduced compared to my previous RAMPS setup. In printerface, it says "@128" next to the hotend temp. I originally thought that this meant that it is running at 50% current, but searching for information regarding this has topic has suggested otherwise, though I'm not certain I believe it at this point. Any ideas on what to try in order to bump up the current to the hotend?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login