Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hot end connection

Posted by dactylicxx 
hot end connection
May 01, 2013 02:49AM
Hi all. I'm pretty new here and I'm building a 3d printer. Or should I say converting my CNC router Lol I have an arduino uno running teacup and a custom stepper motor board. Now my question is how or what I need to power the hot end resistor? Is there a board I can make that the arduino controls? I'm using repetier host with teacup on the arduino and would like to control the hot end in repetier. If someone could lead me in the right direction it would be great thanks smiling smiley
Re: hot end connection
May 01, 2013 06:13AM
although I believe it is possible to run a reprap on an arduino uno, I think it will be a lot more hassel than it is worth.

However if all you have left to do is power the hotend, you just need a suitable mosfet attached to a digital pin.

dont forget that you also need to read something like a thermistor to control the temperature.
May 01, 2013 07:51AM
Well all I have left is the hot end and the arduino uno is perfect and runs really well. Is there a schematic as I already have 2 digital pins ready for hot end control and tepm sensor.
May 01, 2013 08:40AM
You'll need an analog pin for the thermistor. Have a look at the RAMPS schematics and copy the relevant parts of it.
May 01, 2013 10:47AM
Haha my bad. Yes I have 4 or 5 free.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login