Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cant seem to upload electronics correctly

Posted by fahraynk 
cant seem to upload electronics correctly
April 28, 2013 02:20PM
Hi all ... I really need some help before i abandon this electronics setup... It would mean I would have to buy my 3rd setup ! (first was sanguinololu which fried) ... I really cant afford anymore, so please help !

I bought a printrboard rev D preloaded with marlin firmware and it worked and was moving motors. I tried to calibrate it so I set the motor steps and then uploaded marlin firmware.

I dont know why, but after firmware upload the pc sees the board only when its in bootloader mode, if I remove the boot jumper it does not see it.

I tried a bunch of different firmwares, they all give different results. Sometimes the board has the same com port after I reset it from uploading the firmware, but I cant connect to it. Sometimes it says usb device not recognized or malfunctioning. with sprinter, I plug it in and nothing at all happens. The pc wont even acknowledge that I plugged in a usb.

I try with different boad rate settings to, and I played around alot. I followed the steps on the wiki I think pretty well also.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions ? I really dont want to buy another electronics setup...
Re: cant seem to upload electronics correctly
April 28, 2013 03:56PM
I think printrboard has an on chip USB port so the firmware needs to include a driver, unlike other boards that have an FTDI chip or a second ATMega to do the USB. That probably requires a specific fork of Marlin.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: cant seem to upload electronics correctly
April 29, 2013 10:50AM
look here for firmware. [printrbot.com]

also try enabling communication with device with it unplugged from power, but plugged into usb. also are you using 12v supply. any higher voltage often requires modifications. I don't know for sure about printrbot board
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login