Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

all axis inverted, suddenly

Posted by robin.arvidsson 
all axis inverted, suddenly
April 27, 2013 11:10AM
Hi!

My printer has had a vacation for the last few weeks, everything was working fine the last time i used it. (except for a broken hotend resistor)
but when i started it up and ran it from pronterface, as usual, every axis is inverted..(X,Y,Z,E.. all of them)

thinking i might have updated the firmware the last thing i did before it got its vacation i tried to re-upload marlin 1.0 RC2. but now i get avrdude error, as if arduino cant find my Gen6 board..

im running out of ways to troubleshoot..

what might be a part of the problem is that i changed the hotend resistor before powering up, but even reversing these wires would'nt make this strange across the board inverting of all pin-outputs.. i did try to re-wire these cables but it made no difference.

i've got a fan hooked up at the power inlet to the board, and this is not inverted, so it is not the power supply. it has to be something on the board.

Gen6 board
Marlin v1.0.0 RC2
Pronterface
Re: all axis inverted, suddenly
April 27, 2013 06:31PM
did you unplug the steppers? if so maybe you plugged them in the wrong way round. even if you didnt, try flipping the connector anyway, it should solve the problem.
April 27, 2013 06:43PM
lazzymonk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> did you unplug the steppers? if so maybe you
> plugged them in the wrong way round. even if you
> didnt, try flipping the connector anyway, it
> should solve the problem.

Nope, didnt unplug the steppers, and on the Gen6 boards i can't flip them.. so no luck there..
been trying many different arduino versions now, but no success..

maybe if there is a way to reset the board.. i've pushed buttons on the board but with no response.

i will try and troubleshoot some more tomorrow.. but its so strange that i can communicate with it through pronterface but cant upload through arduino..
April 28, 2013 05:55AM
Yey, got it working.

i reversed the axis in the firmware, but had serious problems uploading to the board. had avrdude error, saying arduino couldnt find the board.
got the suggestion of using another computer, so i hooked up another pc. but got the same results.

then lastly i tried my mac and it uploaded successfully!

but what caused the problem is still a mystery.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login