Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

teacup error

Posted by dactylicxx 
teacup error
April 17, 2013 03:29AM
hi all i am new here and having a hard time getting teacup to my arduino uno. when i try to compile it i get an error. i have attached the pic. what am i doing wrong?
Attachments:
open | download - teacuperror.jpg (407.3 KB)
Re: teacup error
April 17, 2013 07:18AM
REFERENCE should be defined in config.h, see config.default.h. While this can be solved easily, this error also hints your config.h doesn't work as expected.

... you can copy & paste such errors, much easier to read than screenshots of the full screen.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

April 18, 2013 12:46AM
ok i got it uploaded to my arduino. thanks....and now i need help setting the proper steps i have 1/4 20tpi and my steppers are 200 steps per one turn. lol i have no idea how to get the proper number. i can jog x and y but when i move 10mm in repetier host my bed only moves 2.50mm
April 18, 2013 02:34AM
For calibration (number of steps etc.), you can use [reprap.org] or just calculate the necessary factor from the numbers you gave above and the x_steps that are already defined in your config file, see also [en.wikipedia.org] .

Oliver
April 18, 2013 02:59PM
Ok im getting confused as i have 1/4 threaded rod and stepper motor is a nema 23 conected directly to the threaded rod with a coupler. My stepper conttoller is a Rockcliff and it is set to 1/8 stepping. Im sure the 1/4 threaded rod is 20 threads per inch. Now im not sure how to get the right numbers as teacup seems to use per meter? I have read the links in the last post but the conversion to meters is getting me confused. With the info i have provided is someone able to calculate the step number that i put in the config file on the arduino? The help would be awsome. Thanks
April 18, 2013 03:16PM
Try setting steps per meter = 1259843
April 19, 2013 12:00AM
hmm i dont know whats wrong it moves very slow with that number but if i take the 3 off it moves faster
Attachments:
open | download - teacupstepsetup.jpg (208.8 KB)
April 19, 2013 01:40AM
haha woot i got it working! travel speed was set at 4800 and i put it at 50 and works like a charm. im guessing the steppers didnt like that speed? lol
April 19, 2013 06:08AM

travel speed was set at 4800

Best of breed firmwares manage to get about 2000 mm/min with your setup. Also, 4800 mm/min would require some 2500 RPM of the stepper motor, likely more than this long threaded rod can handle.

You can set this back to 4800, then find out how fast your electronics manages to crunch the numbers with G1 ... F100, G1 ... F150 ... I'd guess somewhere at 600 mm/min you'll get first dropouts. Reduce this by a safety margin (10%) and set it as the maximum speed. Repeat for each axis. Teacup will make sure these maximum speeds are never exceeded, no matter what G-code you throw at it.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

April 20, 2013 01:43AM
ok thanks i will try that. i also noticed in repetier host program the feedrate is greyed out and i can not move it. any suggestions?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login