Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap Mendel is not responding at all.

Posted by mapexmbirch 
Reprap Mendel is not responding at all.
April 01, 2013 03:55PM
Hi

I have not turned my Reprap on for a while because I lost interest for a while and then when I got back into it I had to move away for University before I could finish building it. I have put everything together and got all motors working and stopping with the stop switches. It has been a while since doing this so I may be missing something obvious. I have Sanguinololu Rev 1.2 and I am controlling it with Pronterface, I haven't tried any other host software.

A few things to note that may be causing the problems. I can remember having to turn the power supply on and connecting the computer in a weird way. Like I had to turn the power supply on wait until the motors made a noise and then connect the computer. But I can't remember exactly what I had to do. Also the usb port on the board is loose, but I think it connected as there is a device under port 1 and Pronterface defaults to port 1 (this maybe a coincidence) also the led lights up with the usb connected and with the power off. But this could be the 5V part of the usb is connected but not the data part. One last thing, I came home at Christmas and tried getting it working and I connected the 12V supply wrongly by accident. Positive to negative and vice versa. Could this damage the micro controller or something similar? Does it have reverse polarity protection?

There is a log for Pronterface, but it says date modified 28/01/12. So I don't think that would be very useful.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.
Re: Reprap Mendel is not responding at all.
April 03, 2013 06:19AM
Fixed it. It was the USB port on my computer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login