Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Characteristics and setup of A4982

Posted by dommi81 
Characteristics and setup of A4982
March 08, 2013 07:29AM
Hello,

I've ordered 4 Stepsticks from RepRap.me. Now i have some qualms. I dont know much about this circuit and didn't found a dokumentation. I just want to drive my 2A/coil Stepper therewith. (Yes im able to keep the chip cool enough)

My question is: Are the assembled parts dimensioned to get the full power to the Motors, because i read smth about "limit to 1A" and "replace resistor" (in the wiki)?

Where are the measure points for adjusting the voltage which is suplied to the Stepper?

Are there dokumentations about this kind of the Stepstick?

here is the circuit that I mean

Sorry because of my english and thx for your help
Re: Characteristics and setup of A4982
March 11, 2013 09:04PM
I remember seeing some stepsticks limited to 1A as well. You might try Pololu.com for info as they are the drivers that stepstick is copying.
mcp
Re: Characteristics and setup of A4982
March 11, 2013 09:24PM
As far as I know these are special reprap.me drivers.
No schematic no data and from my experience nearly unusable. I was not able to get them going at all, and I am now using cheap ebay sourced stepsticks.
You need to get some information regarding the resistors used to get an idea about the current limits. Look here for some general information.
To find some cheap stepsticks on ebay use google not ebay search.
You will find some experience for reprap.me stepsticks by searching this forum for reprap.me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login