Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware gen 7 1.4.1 all configs and running version

Posted by nubi 
Firmware gen 7 1.4.1 all configs and running version
November 26, 2012 06:49AM
hello, i got a prusa with a gen 7 1.4.1 board.
avalable hardware: avrdragon with avr studio 6, serial usb to ttl stick, win 7 platform.
i followed the description regarding the teacup firmware and shoot somehow the avr644 chip, not even able to erase it or read out or anything.
got a new chip and tying to program it.
copied the bootloader with avr studio, since the arduino IDE does not support the programming board.
seems to work fine

question 1:
now what i need to know is: what fuses needs to be set (with avr studio):

s8515c
WDton
Spien
eesave
bootsz
bootrst
ckopt
bodlevel
boden
sut_CKSEL

high
loW

Second question:
has anyone a configurated firmware for the gen 7 1.4.1 board with (optional) supporting sdcard and LCD?
i do understand that every board needs some finetuning for the setup regarding the setup but having a firmware that is working on another gen 7 1.4.1 would help a lot.

Background:
3 days ago i did not had any experience with programming, and now i´m trying to do it with avrstudio since that is the only way it seems to work to install the firmware. sereal connector is not working yet and not able to establixh connection by some reason. tried it with the 1.3 and 1.4 board same issue, (propably the usb to ttl converter, it runns with 3.6 volt signal on rx and tx. so should work but unable to establish connection. need to set the fuses first i suppose.

i know it seems a bit mutch to ask, but I realy have trid for 3 days to solve it on my own and now i´m desperate, i see no chance to solve it on my own.
best regards
nubi
Re: Firmware gen 7 1.4.1 all configs and running version
November 27, 2012 08:09AM

question 1:
now what i need to know is: what fuses needs to be set (with avr studio):

While I'm not sure it's a good idea to use AVR Studio (most people use Arduino IDE or text editor & command line, it's much simpler and more proven), you can see the fuses settings in the bootloader upload instructions: [reprap.org] . It's 0xF7 (lfuse) / 0xDC (hfuse) / 0xFC (efuse). For translation, there's the fuses calculator: [www.engbedded.com]

Second question:
has anyone a configurated firmware for the gen 7 1.4.1 board with (optional) supporting sdcard and LCD?

Yes, such things have been done. For starters, look here: [forums.reprap.org] On the extension board header, SPI as well as I2C pins are available. It didn't make it into the Gen7 repo yet ("it works for me, so why refine for others?"-symptom? winking smiley ).

propably the usb to ttl converter, it runns with 3.6 volt signal on rx and tx

Ouch! As the ATmega on the Gen7 is supplied with 5V, it sends 5V signals, of course. Some few 3.3V chips are tolerant to 5V signals, but not many. You might have damaged your converter.

That said, most adapters can be switched between 3.3V and 5V by a solder jumper.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login