Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with temperature levelling at around 125 degrees

Posted by dustynus 
Problem with temperature levelling at around 125 degrees
May 19, 2012 04:12PM
In pronterface, it reads 125 degrees and won´t seem to go any higher no matter how long I wait.
In the firmware I tried enabling and disabling pid, and my temperature at the bottom in marlin is set to 185 for pla.

If I touch some pla to the nozzle it melts but pretty slowly, not fast enough I think though.

Any ideas?
Re: Problem with temperature levelling at around 125 degrees
May 19, 2012 09:35PM
What resistance is your hot end heater, and double check that your power supply is providing 12V, ATX supplies can give significantly less voltage if not loaded on the 5V rail.
May 20, 2012 06:03AM
Yea itś 12 V, I had 2 resistors, and my other one snapped a lead, but would go much higher,

it is a 6 ohm resistor, and so was the last one, but this one seems to act different...

Can I force more power to it ?
May 20, 2012 07:26AM
Can the thermistor affect it ? since it controls it? Perhaps if I use a new thermistor ?
May 20, 2012 09:27AM
With a new thermistor it goes to about 175 but then wont seem to go much higher, it reads higher then lower over and over levelling there now...
confused smiley
?
May 20, 2012 12:38PM
The thermistor measures the temperature, which is the value you see in the display. If this shows a different temperature than the previous one, you might have simply the wrong thermistor table, previously or now. So, one of both might show a different value for the same actual temperature.

Wether a heater heats can be seen on the LED next to the heater MOSFET. Initially the LED will be bright, the heater is full on. If it starts to dim, the control software thinks it's close to the desired temperature. If it stays bright, the heater is still full on.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login