Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eagle question

Posted by Mr. Seeker 
Eagle question
October 11, 2010 03:40AM
Hello,

I am currently working with Eagle, and I made a PCB, but I was wondering the following: How can I put the soldering points on top, and not on the bottom? This is because I want to connect the PCB to a breadboard, like the sanguino. Any tips/ideas how to do this?
Re: Eagle question
October 11, 2010 04:28AM
Hmm. "Soldering points". Do you mean these little holes with some copper around them where you put the pins of resistors, ICs and similar stuff in? They're typically called "Pad" if you put a pin in or "Via" if their sole purpose it to contact different layers. Eagle puts pads on all existing layers, at least for single- and double-sided designs.

Anyways, I think you want to do a single-sided PCB. In the PCB layout editor, go to Menu -> Edit -> Design rules and check the second tab, "Layers". There's a "Setup" line with a more or less complex formula describing the layer setup. Replace this formula with a plain 16. The picture to the left should change to just a red line at the bottom.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 12, 2010 12:11PM
Why single side? Double side toner transfer is trivial.

Print top and bottom.
Put the 2 pieces of photo paper in front of a powerful light source.
Register top and bottom, put scotch tape on 3 sides to hold it in place
Insert the copper cald inside
Iron the envelope between 2 sheets of paper so the scotch residues wont stick to iron
Etch, clean, cover in solder, make legend, etc.
October 12, 2010 12:25PM

Why single side?

He asked for that.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 12, 2010 12:33PM
Traumflug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why single side?
>
> He asked for that.

Sorry then. I was (still am) confused about what he means or wants to do.

If i said something stupid, its only because i am fresh out of smart things to say.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login