Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SDSS ????

Posted by Sublime 
SDSS ????
April 06, 2012 07:20PM
I am trying to connect a generic SD breakout board to use with Marlin and the firmware (and tutorials ) all call for SDss to be connected to pin 53. But pinouts.ru and google can not tell me which pin from the SDcard is SDss. Anyone know?

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Re: SDSS ????
April 07, 2012 04:11AM
April 07, 2012 07:09AM
If I am reading that correctly it says its the Card select line but the pin.h file and this tutorial [tommyc-reprap.blogspot.ca] have the card select going to pin 42 and this mystery one connected to pin 53.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
April 07, 2012 08:55AM
My understanding is 42 is the card detect signal, which is via the extra wire. 53 is the card select signal which is pin 1 on the actual card.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 07, 2012 04:25PM
Ok I think I understand now. The card select pin is a function of the SD card itself (flow control?). And the Card detect pin is a function of the card slot and not the card itself.

Thanks for your help.

April 07, 2012 06:34PM
Yes that's right. The card select is used for framing. The data bytes in the SPI transfer are aligned to the card select. Without it it would be ambiguous where one byte ends and the next one starts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2012 06:55PM by nophead.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login