Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

5 Axis TB6560 3.5A stepper motor driver

Posted by erguezga 
5 Axis TB6560 3.5A stepper motor driver
April 03, 2012 09:54AM
I need help.

Anybody knows if these stepper driver (http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/320121980-5-Axis-TB6560-3-5A-stepper-motor-driver-wholesalers.html) works with these motors (http://www.wantmotor.com/ProductsView.asp?id=155&pid=80)?

The reference of the motor is 42BYGHW811.

Thanks in advance.
VDX
Re: 5 Axis TB6560 3.5A stepper motor driver
April 03, 2012 10:39AM
... should work ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 04, 2012 05:54AM
May be any problem with rate current of the motors (2,5 A)?
VDX
April 04, 2012 06:54AM
... no, you start with currents around 1A (adjust with potentiometers on the driver boards) and test if the motors have enough force ... then rise the current until it's sufficient, but below the max. current of the motors ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

April 04, 2012 07:28AM
No potentiometers there, you use -I believe - microswitches to select some percentages of the max current :

Adjustable 1.5A-3A drive current settings for each axis - 25%,50%,75%,100% of full current can be set for different stepper motors

Doesn't make much sense as 25% would be 0.75 A, not 1.5A, but documentation is usually not the best for those devices.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
April 04, 2012 07:47AM
Rate voltage of the motors is 3,1 V. May be problems with this?

Is the driver designed to work only for 12 V?
VDX
April 04, 2012 08:18AM
... the critical value is the motor current, not the voltage - when the (regulated) current is applied, the voltage follows Ohm's law.

I have motors specified with 3Volts and 3Amps running with drivers that can output 70Volts@6Amps ...

Viktor
--------

April 20, 2012 06:58PM
I am using the three axis board of this family. I bought the 3 axis thinking it would be nicer to have two three axis boards than be limited to 4 or 5 axis. I'm using a pololu board to temporarily drive an extruder. The biggest problem I have with this board is that it requires a longer step pulse (30usec?) than the 1usec needed by the Pololu A4988 drivers. The TeaCup firmware already has a longer pulse width, but the Marlin code is just toggling the STEP pins and the 1.4usec on time isn't long enough for these boards when microstepping.

I was able to insert a delay into the Marlin stepper isr which allows me to use TB6560 stepper drivers. You could do the same or use TeaCup or one of the other firmware varieties that don't have such a short step pulse.

There is a RepRap wiki page that gives these boards some bad press. I'm pretty sure they were just confused because of the step pulse.

I haven't had any problems once I understood this minimum step pulse width requirement. My board had the right documentation for the pinouts. Works fine for microstepping. (1,1/2,1/8,1/16) are the choices and current settings are 100%,75%,50%,20% selectable with DIP switches. I haven't measured the current to verify the levels but the 50% works fine with my motors. I have not tried the different decay mode settings. I do like the fact that this board has optoisolators. The relay is only spec'd for something like 40V according to the manual, but the relay markings indicate it can handle 7A at 125VAC which would be nice for a spindle someday. The motor and power connectors are nice and big! The limit switch inputs are on a tiny header. I haven't connected this up yet. I hacked the included parallel cable to a 16pin ribbon to carry the signals I wanted to use. I plug the 16 pin ribbon directly into my Mega.

So count me as a happy customer (now that I figured out the minimum step pulse requirement) and I'll probably buy more. When you consider the nice terminals, optoisolators, heat sink, DIP setting, etc.. these boards are a bargin and can drive the electronics cost down.
April 21, 2012 07:17AM
Yes, TB6560's have a bad press. I think mostly because of their requirement to turn on logic voltage before motor voltage, which several developers simply ignored. That's a solvable problem, though, for example with a MOSFET and a delay circuit consisting of a capacitor and a resistor.

I hope you have such a delay circuit or some other measures to meet this requirement, too winking smiley Without it it's said the TB6560 _can_ work 100 times and blow on the 101st.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

April 21, 2012 02:53PM
If that truly is a requirement they deserve a bad press. It is totally impractical cost wise. You need a high current high side switch and some timing logic to just to make them work, whereas every other stepper motor chip I can think of doesn't have this requirement.

Why would it work 100 times and the fail on 101? It would be a truly screwed up chip design if it did that. Does anybody have a practical circuit that obeys this requirement in all circumstances such as a power cut or a fuse blowing?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
VDX
April 21, 2012 04:42PM
... hmm, why not simply insert a bigger capacitor from the pin for motor voltage to GND? - this should 'soft-start' the motor voltage a short time later, when both voltages are applied at the same time.

But you have to check too, if it's a problem, when switching the power off ...

Viktor
--------

April 23, 2012 12:13PM
I will also use TB6560 to drive my heavy mendel, for power switching I firstly, I thought about using a relay powered by the logic supply, but switching the power of 5 drivers with a 470µF cap on each is not a good idea.
So I designed this delay/soft-start circuit :

I didn't tested it yet, but the simulation works.
Some guys face the same problems about TB6560 like you,and they are try to use another TOSHIBA chip instead.
You can refer to their opinion from the following link:
[www.cnczone.com]
May 08, 2012 08:27AM
Yes, these THB6064 are apparently better, but where would you get some in small quantities and at a similar price?

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

June 13, 2012 04:01AM
Hello ,

If you still are interested in THB6064AH and want to get more datasheet about it, you can contact via yumin2191@163.com If you want to get the lowest price, you'd better buy from the company directly.
The website is www.hhbytech.com

Of course,you also can visit the store [www.aliexpress.com] or search THB6064AH on ebay.com

All info just for your reference.If you still want to know other's comments about THB6064AH, you can visit [www.cnczone.com]

I hope my post don't violate our forum rules,if yes,I'm very sorry and please delete this post.
June 13, 2012 02:11PM
Oops wron topic. Sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2012 02:22PM by bryanandaimee.
Anon
June 18, 2012 02:36PM
Try this web site, they have some video tutorials (and User Manual) which helps explain how the current works on the TB6560.
Anon
June 18, 2012 02:39PM
Anon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try this web site, they have some video tutorials
> (and User Manual) which helps explain how the
> current works on the TB6560.

Sorry, website below.....

[www.gpf-engineering.co.uk]
When I use any stepper dive : with or without Micro step: I find motor rotate few pulse when power is applied. Since we use image processing system : this is seen on system: any way to eliminate same
VDX
April 22, 2013 01:53AM
... ensure the ENABLE-pins aren't set when powering up ...

Viktor
--------

woo
April 22, 2013 09:43AM
i have no problems with 6560. but i have bought each driver sep. so i have a lot of option(s), like simpliest, current settings with jumpers(14 values, from 0.3 to 3Amps)

but, that drivers are cheap, generally not very good quality...i was also scared, that they will came dead from china...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 09:52AM by woo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login