Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Huxley Power Supply

Posted by Emmanuel 
Huxley Power Supply
March 21, 2012 09:51AM
I am not far from the end of the build of my next Huxley, and I'm looking for a compact power supply (not an ATX...).
After having often seen people looking for 300W 30A supply I'm wondering what is sufficient for a little huxley + heated bed ?

For the eMaker Huxley it's one that look exactly like this : [bit.ly] 19V 6.32A (and probably also 120W)
It's used to feed the Sanguinololu and the heated-bed.

Is something like 12V 10A 120W will fit ? (I like the compactness of the laptop supply or something like [www.ebay.com])

about // liberapay // flickr // wiki // thingiverse - github
Re: Huxley Power Supply
March 21, 2012 10:57AM
If the bed is designed for 19V then at 12V it will only have 40% of the power and probably won't get hot enough, or take a very long time to get there.

If you are making your own bed then 12V 10A should just about do it for a Huxley but I would go for 12V 20A to give some margin / growing room.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 21, 2012 02:02PM
I picked up this power supply for my Huxley:

[www.e-itx.com]

At 150W and 12.5A its pretty solid. Like nophead said you'll need to build your own bed. I did with some nichrome and it worked great with this PSU.
March 22, 2012 08:08AM
Ok thanks for the infos smiling smiley

It was indeed for an ni-chrome based heatbed, like in the original eMaker (but the lenght of the ni-chrome is missing of the documentation ^^').
Now I wonder also what are the characteristics of the reprappro pcb-heatbed (just by curiosity, found nothing about is power input or ohm of the circuit)

[edit : for the pcb it's certainly the same as the previous made by JM [www.thingiverse.com] : 4,5-6,6 Ohms / 19v 80-54W]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 03:54PM by Emmanuel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login