Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Group catch-up

Posted by Cefiar 
Group catch-up
November 14, 2010 07:17PM
It's been suggested that we have a group catch-up.

I'm happy to organise this, and considering I'm fairly central (Caulfield) I'll even host it if people want. Can do a BBQ or something.

Date suggested so far is "Sometime in January". Better suggestions on a date/time welcome.

Note: We actually now have a member in Adelaide, plus one in Ballarat! More members are of course welcome. Join by adding your details to the MRUG wiki page.
Re: Group catch-up
November 15, 2010 06:22AM
I think this is a great idea, put me down for it

Im up for date suggestions. I do think this side of christmas will be hard so maybe next year?
November 16, 2010 07:50AM
HI..

You can add me to the list, late Jan or early Feb is a good time. A BBQ would be great.

Thanks
Auzze
November 19, 2010 05:37PM
Please dont drop this on top of LCA or the week after as Ill be in Brissy. Other than that Ill be there.
Regards Rob B
December 03, 2010 12:48AM
Hi Guy's.

Been off list for a long time due to work and life commitments,
I think a catch up of the group would be good and most times would suit me as long as it is not on a Saturday.

I should be back to assembling my RepStrap very soon, just about finished the new (but tiny) workspace, so I have some where to park my tools.

Cheers
Osc.
December 12, 2010 08:07PM
The current limit on days in Jan for a catchup seem to be the 9th (Sunday) or the 16th (Sunday), if we stick to a weekend, and avoid LCA.

So, how does the 16th of Jan sound?

Note: If you don't regularly check the forum, PM me your email address and I'll make sure I email the details to you, once we sort something out.

PS: I know the Melbourne HackerSpace is also on that weekend (both days). It's quite possible we could meet there first, hack about a bit, and then have a BBQ somewhere.
December 15, 2010 06:23AM
Cefiar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PS: I know the Melbourne HackerSpace is also on
> that weekend (both days). It's quite possible we
> could meet there first, hack about a bit, and then
> have a BBQ somewhere.

That sounds like a good idea to me.

If all goes to plan you can count me in for both.
January 12, 2011 08:04PM
Sorry about not getting back to everyone earlier. Work and other stuff taking my time away.

Sunday the 16th (in 3 days) looks like it'll be clear of rain if we want to go ahead with this. Otherwise it'll be Feb (based on responses, and when I can do it).

Suggestions? I'm happy to do this at my place near Caulfield. I can PM/E-mail my address to those interested.
January 14, 2011 11:26PM
Haven't heard back from anyone at all in the last 2 days, which is a bit disappointing, though I do know a few people went away on holidays recently, though they should be back by now.
January 15, 2011 01:46AM
Ok, I'm going to call this off for tomorrow, as it's just too close and I've had NO responses from anyone.

BTW: During all this time, a time was never set. I'd be suspecting that we'd be looking at doing between 12 noon till about 5pm-ish.

So, which Sunday in Feb is good for people? I cannot do the 6th or the 13th.

How does the 20th sound between 12 noon and 5pm?
January 15, 2011 08:08AM
Hi

Feb the 20th @ 1:00pm works for me.

Auzze
January 18, 2011 12:08AM
My apologies for not getting back to you Cefiar. I got it stuck in my head that the meet up was this coming weekend and thus I wasnt keeping a close eye on the forums.

As I'm overseas for much of Feb the next CCHS meeting I will be at will be around the beginning of March some time.
January 29, 2011 08:16PM
I've PM'd Oscar and Capo my address details, as so far out of the people who have responded, they're the only ones that haven't been to my place.

Date is set for Sunday the 20th of Feb, from noon onwards.
January 30, 2011 09:22AM
I'm In, the 20th is all good.
(I've PM'd you cefiar as well)
January 31, 2011 07:08PM
Count me in for the 20th, I'll bring some food and beer.

Are we just having a BBQ or will people be bringing along their toys?
January 31, 2011 07:56PM
Well, it being my house and all, I'll have mine there. Hopefully in a working state by that stage.

I'm fine if people want to bring their printers
February 15, 2011 10:06PM
Just a reminder that the meet-up is this weekend (Sunday - 12 noon till 5pm). If you haven't got my address, PM me and I'll get it to you.
February 16, 2011 04:04AM
thanks to a SMS , checked with the powers that be and im in for Sat.

Been real slack but hopefully ill have something mroe together than the last time people saw it by saturday.

either way it will be good to catch up
February 16, 2011 12:25PM
my printer is in pieces, i'm re doing the z axis for milling purposes. If it's ready in time maybe i could skype in? really nerd things up??
February 16, 2011 03:23PM
HI..

I hope to bring my Prusa and Huxley... Just hoping the weather is good.
See you all Sunday

Auzze
February 16, 2011 07:04PM
scorpia: SUNDAY. Not Saturday. You're welcome to come over on Saturday, but don't expect me to fire up the BBQ or anyone else to be here. tongue sticking out smiley

mlagana: We could do a skype convo or something. I'll PM you my mobile number. That way, we can set it up via SMS (email or on here would take too long and we'd probably miss each other).

Auzze: Supposed to be isolated showers clearing on Sunday, and Monday is supposed to be fine. I tend to notice that if the BOM gets stuff wrong, it's always that they think the weather moves slower than it actually does. Hopefully if anything, it will improve. grinning smiley

PS: Forgot to pass it on to a few non-forum people, but thanks to scorpia, we might have a few people from the local Hackerspace (CCHS) along as well. They've got a Makerbot (on loan), and are (very slowly) building a Mendel. Technically I'm part of that group, but given I've been concentrating on trying to get my Mendel running (damn hot/cold end troubles), not much has happened yet.
February 20, 2011 06:16AM
Thanks for organizing the BBQ today Cefiar and for sorting me out with the Kapton tape and plastic. It was good to meet you guys, hopefully at the next one we'll be able to get some actual printing going.

The only downside today for me is that I suspect the M4 insert replacement I made for my extruder might not be up to the job. It's the perfect shape alright but I didn't realize how slippery plastic rod is. No big deal, I can remove the shrink wrap and rough-up the nylocs a bit as per the original design.

Gotta admit, I was really impressed by everyone's machines. And seeing Auzze's Prusa has pretty much convinced me to start on one of those once my Mendel is up and running.
February 20, 2011 08:12PM
Yes thanks for Cef for hosting and supplying some snags smiling smiley

Would be good to meet a few more people next time, but it was great to see different machines and get some different idea's on things.

it does look like the pursa is a great little machine. not sure how robust it will be long term but i guess thats why we are here. to experiment.

thanks to those that attended. and whens the next one.
February 21, 2011 03:29PM
Hi..

Big thanks to Cefiar for hosting the meet-up.
It was great to catch-up with Cefiar and Scorpia as well as to meet Mark the maker of the Repic alll in one control system.

The afternoon was fill will reparap talk and some show and tell. 3 printers where on show, Cef's Mendel, Scorpia's wolfstrap, which looked diffrently intresting and great at the sametime and I had my Prusa on display (didn't take any PSU so could not do a print :-(. It was good to see the diffrent types of printer and the diffrents in how far 3D printing has devolped over the last few years.

The only down side was the lack of people but hopely we can drum up some more people for the next one.

Talking of the next one, may I suggest the MAY the 1st 2011

Thanks
Auzze
February 22, 2011 08:51PM
May the 1st definitely looks good for me.

If CCHS has a location by then (which is something they're hoping to do) it may be worth doing it there, as it should be more central than my place. Might make it easier for people to get to (location depending of course).

BTW: Was at CCHS last night, and have decided to get them a working extruder setup before doing any other RepRap parts. This will allow us to use their existing CNC Mill (made at the space), either with the existing electronics (which are RepRap compatible) or with a RAMPS board, and use it as a RepStrap. The Mill has a much bigger build area than their loaned Makerbot, so they should then be able to print all the RepRap parts using that.
February 26, 2011 08:56AM
I'm eager for another get-together but my first child is due on April 13th so I probably won't be able to make anything until late May. No problem, I'll catch up with you guys at the one after next. My Mendel is now mechanically and electronically complete, so assuming my software skills are up to scratch I should be up and printing by then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login