Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Greetings from Spain

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Greetings from Spain
August 29, 2007 05:12AM
Hey there spinning smiley sticking its tongue out!

Just wanted to say hello to everybody... If I am not wrong, this makes three "reprapers" in Spain!

First of all, congratulations for the project and the advances!

I am still delving within all the wiki pages, forum, blogs... tons of info to work with! But definitely I am going for it! As a matter of fact, I have even ordered the PCBs and extruder kit... I'll be posting my progress in the forum, and I am sure I am going to need your help more often than not!

See you around!

(PD. Fernando, I will PM you, I am terribly interested in you comments and your wiki page on UV curing materials)
Re: Greetings from Spain
August 29, 2007 06:50AM
Great! Happy to have you here!
I'll give you all the info i can and point you to answers that may respond other questions that i don't know to respond.

As for the UV curing materials, i'm so eager to start with the new line of research i have been discussing with (Ohio)mike. It has such a potential. The UV resins i have reserached for now by themselves are great for certain applications, but if the new ones turn out to be as versatile as suspected (can be activated by mild heat as in a IR lamp or a focused visible light beam, UV, tweaked visible laser pointers, acid pH change, can be baked to finalize curing, maybe microwave....), we are in for a great, great leap!
August 29, 2007 09:23AM
oh!

i'm glad you both posted here... when i was doing the shipping, i noticed i was shipping two packages to different people in Madrid. i really hope you guys can meet up and collaborate. that would be awesome!
August 29, 2007 09:48AM
Actually I'm living in Barcelona right now, so that other package must be for some other mystery guy that hasn't posted here yet? smiling smiley

Nevertheless, it's great to have people joining in from the same country, you feel less extranged! smiling smiley
Anonymous User
August 29, 2007 10:02AM
Hi Fernando and Arturo,

We're the ones - www.lasindias.net - from Madrid Zach spoke about smiling smiley

Electronic is mostly ready, just need to program and test the PIC to finish it.

We've ordered the extruder kit this week, and hope to be able to test/play with it in the beginning of september smiling smiley

We are planning to build a FabLab next year in the center of Madrid, hoping to make a nice fabbing network in Spain and South America, hope we'll see each other to speak about RepRap building,

See you!

Alex
August 29, 2007 06:17PM
Count on me!
You both will probably be the first to mount a darwin, as my contribution is rather on the materials part and independent of the mechanical/electronic/software parts. but soon I will need to figure out how to print out resins with the cartesian robot, be it as a single component or a dual component device... I will need some help with that as I'm not an egineer or have knowledge about electronics.

PS, i have already spent my vacations this year, but I may very well plan some future vacations to Madrid, so that we can meet there. I'll PM you my messenger/icq/gmail accounts, for more fluid communication.
March 13, 2010 05:06PM
Gente:
¿Como les fue en sus proyectos?
Saludos
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login