Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please create a forum for the Tri-State area of South Western New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Vermont.

Posted by Twistlok 
Hi,

I'm Ron Tatro

Would you please create a forum for
the Tri-State area of Keene New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Vermont?

Thanks,
Ron

===========================================

* Nearest Neighboring RepRap User Groups

* Robot Hobby Clubs (including First Robotics Competitions)

* Geek Groups Meetups (keywords: artist-run center, artbot, barcamp, dorkbot, experimental media, ham radio, linux, arduino, blender, circuit bending, RC aircraft, rocketry, cnc, etc.)
This will require a few google searches, where you enter your town and one of the keywords above into the following string:
"Your Town" keyword (meetup OR meeting OR group OR club OR society OR workshop OR hobby)

* Local/Nearest FabLab?

* CNC Group Meetups on cnczone.com or otherwise

===
Local Shops may be better or worse than buying from online retailers. This depends on your local shops and what you're getting. Stepper motors you'll want to get online, steel rod - perhaps not. Fasteners, it depends. You may want to check your yellow pages to look these up, as opposed to online.

* Local Steel Suppliers

* Local Bearing Suppliers

* Local Fastener Suppliers

* Local Electronics Suppliers

* Local Machine Tool/Industrial Supply, (Occasionally unwelcome to hobbyists, but who knows?)

* Local Electronics Surplus Shop
You may want to check:
[www.repairfaq.org]

=============================================
Admin note: I've added in a list of resources above which will take 20 min of web surfing to look up. I suggest you edit the message to fill in resources as you find them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 03:47AM by SebastienBailard.
Forum created,

good luck.
Sebastien Bailard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login