Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Meetup December 4, 2010 @ Freeside, Atlanta

Posted by 2robotguy 
Meetup December 4, 2010 @ Freeside, Atlanta
November 18, 2010 06:22PM
What: Open source 3D printer meetup
When: December 4, 2010 (Saturday) 10:00am-4pm
Where: Freeside, Atlanta (http://blog.freesideatlanta.org/)
675 Metropolitan Parkway
Suite 6066
Atlanta, GA 30310
Who: Open to Public
Cost: Free

Come and see what the big buzz is about with open source 3D printers. Everybody is invited with or without a machine. Please bring your 3D printing working or not and we will have makerbots and mendels to print new parts for the machine in need. People that are bringing a machine, Please RSVP if possible (Either below or Email me directly) We are finishing up a small Word file with information about your machine to display beside your machine.

Special guest, Johnny Russell (of UltiMachine.com) is coming down from Tennessee. Johnny and I were talking about splitting up the New Prusa Mendel and printing the part ahead of time. If you are interested in help printing the parts please post below and we will contact you. Special thanks to everybody at Freeside for hosting the event. Freeside is the Local hackerspace in Atlanta and if your a nerd you will love it. (http://blog.freesideatlanta.org/)

Ideas are welcome to make this the best meet up so far. Bring your cameras and anything else Open source related. I will have my David laser scanner to show that off as well. There is a passcode to get into Freeside. Before the event there will be a new code that will be posed on this thread. Please check this page before you leave with the code. If you forget the code, you may have to wait on another person and follow them in.

Thanks,
Mark
Email: RobotGuy (At) Bellsouth (dot) net
Re: Meetup December 4, 2010 @ Freeside, Atlanta
November 18, 2010 07:11PM
I'll be there! smiling smiley
November 18, 2010 07:49PM
Anthong,
Will you be bringing your mcwire?

Mark F
November 19, 2010 05:25AM
Hmmm... I leave @ 16:20 from Hartsfield to return to Germany but maybe I can drop by on the way to the airport!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
November 19, 2010 01:05PM
I'll be there. Not sure if my Mendel will be working or not, but I'll bring it along anyway.

Amputee Parade - My Art and Reprap blog
November 19, 2010 05:03PM
You might want to post this on the freeside list!

I'm not sure I've heard about it yet, and I'm a member smiling smiley

--buddy
(And I own the 2 z corp machines at the space)
I'll be there and probably bring Cyndi, my newly assembled Cupcake Ultimate ( #2219). If I'm lucky, I might have the software wrangled to the point of functionality by then.

-- CHS
I'm planning to come, so I'm on the lookout for the gate code.
December 05, 2010 02:03PM
How did the meet up go? Sorry I couldn't make it guys... the end of the semester and finals sneaked up on me.

Amputee Parade - My Art and Reprap blog
December 06, 2010 05:21AM
...and my niece had to take her SAT's so I just went straight to the airport!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 05:22AM by rhmorrison.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
December 08, 2010 09:59AM
All,
What a great turn out! Open source 3D printer is booming in the ATL. I was unable to give my information out to everybody and if I spoke to you about Selling you Prusa mendel Parts please email me back. I'm currently working on a spread sheet for all the parts needed for a Prusa mendel and sources to buy them. I would like to find around three people that would buy Prusa parts and I can get you'll together to do a group buy. I have been printing like mad to meet demand, and if there is a color PLA you would like your parts in please give me a heads up. Right now I have Silver, Green or UV PLA parts available.

You can directly email me at:
Robotguy@bellsouth.net

Thanks,
Mark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login