Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapHost does not combine TeMpOrArY files

Posted by aref_naa 
RepRapHost does not combine TeMpOrArY files
September 16, 2011 11:53PM
Not sure what's going on, but in the course of trying to lock down a PC->arduino connection issue, I've moved my Reprap setup to another machine and updated to the latest build of Reprap Host. Unfortunately, the new build does not actually produce a completed Gcode file- it creates the temp files, but at the end of the build it generates the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.reprap.geometry.LayerRules.reverseLayers(Unknown Source)
at org.reprap.geometry.Producer.produceAdditiveTopDown(Unknown Source)
at org.reprap.geometry.Producer.produce(Unknown Source)
at org.reprap.Main$8.run(Unknown Source)

This happens regardless of the STL file I use, though this specific one happened to be a simple r=10, h=10 cylinder that was dragged slightly away from the edge. Any thoughts? This particular configuration is the only way I've found to avoid a USB connection failure. I still have a copy of the version of RRH from May 2011 on another machine, but I'd quite like to be able to produce gcode on the machine that's actually connected to the printer. OS/Java details below.

Java: Java 6 Update 27
RRH: Pulled from GitHub on 9/15/11
Re: RepRapHost does not combine TeMpOrArY files
September 23, 2011 10:19AM
Hi, same problem here.
I have several windows systems with jre5,and 6 with same problems with reprap host. Only one with Vista Bussines 32bits jre1.6 looks runs for gcode generation.
This screen capture is from my windows XP sp3 with Java7 JRE (but same occurs with jre 5,6) and u can see reprap host generate some 0 bytes layer files.
Te procedure to genetare this error is very simple: open repraphost, load STL (standard bar-clamp.stl from prusajr) and press print selecting Send Gcode to file.
I'm crazy due having a lot of problems with generate this gcode... for fresh installation was deleting reprap.properties files and sure my enviroment vars (java library, reprap location...) was correct.
Some systems with a 1.6 JRE Versions generate a 2k gcode file (init+shutdown gcode only) without process the layers.
I tested some reprap host versions (20110916 20110515 20110509 20110207 20100702 20091106 20090804) all with one or other problem. a 20091106 was work but gcode result have some bugs and first layer is wrong and that version is inestable.
Latest version tested in all machines 20110906 and 20110515.

Systems:
AMD 2.6Ghz 512MB with Windows XP-prof (32bits) SP2 JRE 1.6.0_24 (also tested with latest JRE 1.5 version with same result).
AMD 64 X2 5600 3gb ram with XP (32bits) prof SP3 JRE7 (also tested with latest JRE1.5 and 2 or 3 1.6 versions).
Intel 2.66Ghz witn 1gb ram with XP proff SP2 (32bits) tested with at least 10 different JRE 1.5 and 1.6 versions with same wrong results.
Core duo 3.6 with 3gb ram Vista Buss. 32 bits running OK with JRE 1.6.0_24 (don't work with latest JRE1.5 as mentioned in reprap wiki)

Can anyone help we?

September 24, 2011 07:17AM
Just made a fresh vm Ubuntu 10 install.
JRE 1.6.0_20 installed with latest reprap host.
An error shown wile gcode generating. a simple 2k file with one layer created sad smiley

RR Host work for gcode generate?
September 25, 2011 04:06AM
I there, im testing GCODE generation and found can be problems with de configuration.
Don't know what happend but i attach a config file who give that wrong result. reprap.properties
For test:
* Install a new fresh latest reprap host (v20110921)
* Start & close reprap for document and settings\.reprap\reprap.properties file auto-generation
* Replace that file with my attached file reprap.properties
* Restar reprap host
* Open my stl file ("standard" testcube20mm.stl file) testcube20mm.stl
* Press Print button

Result:
There was a layer (about layer 3) is zero size generated, so dont .gcode file generated.

Tested on my AMD 3000+ 64 2Gb with windows XP SP2 and Java 1.6.0_17 version.

BTW GCODE generations seen work fine when a default config file, but not with mine attached.

I Like RRH
Hope help...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login