Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap prog

Posted by redpiperbob 
Reprap prog
April 26, 2011 03:34AM
Hi All
I am a newbie to this 3D printing and I seem to have a problem with reprap program I can get repsnapper to create pieces with the Prusa I have built even though I cannot use the calibrate on the simple page. But I cannot get the reprap prog to work.
When I start the prog the Dos screen says there is an error opening com port. I have loaded theFTDI driver and all seems well with that. I am useing windows 7 home. I dont know what other details to give you all can you please help.
Bob
Re: Reprap prog
April 26, 2011 03:59AM
Do you have the proper COM port set in the RepRap Host software?

Your port under Windows 7 is probably COM3 (although it could be something else).
Verify what the com port is and then in the RepRap Host Preferences dialog window, Globals tab, make sure that the BaudRate is correct for your firmware (by default 19200) and the Port (name) (left hand column, bottom) is correct "COM3" or whatever is correct for your system.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
April 27, 2011 08:45AM
Hi Bob
thanks for that I never noticed the com port in the prefrences. After that the printing was strange Ithen got an RXTX error but downloaded the latest files and everything is OK now Thanks for your help
Bob
April 27, 2011 08:51AM
@redpiperbob: Glad I could be of assistance. Happy RepRapping...

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login