Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How does reprap know when it reaches end of gcode file?

Posted by brnrd 
How does reprap know when it reaches end of gcode file?
April 14, 2011 08:57AM
I'm printing g-code from Skeinforge with the reprap host (20101221 version) and it doesn't seem to know when it's already finished printing and it continues to run its timer. Is it looking for something in particular? I would have thought that it would know once it reaches the end of the file that it's finished.
Re: How does reprap know when it reaches end of gcode file?
April 14, 2011 09:34AM
Generally one of the last commands in a gcode file is to set the extruder temperature to 0.
Since room temperature is generally between 15 and 30 °C this will NEVER OCCUR so the "ok" will never be received for the line setting the extruder temperature to 0.
The solution is to turn off the extruder with your END.GCODE file using the fast command "M104 S0" and tell Skeinforge to NOT TURN OFF the extruder.
The same applies if you are using a heated bed, e.g. turn off the heated bed with your END.GCODE using the "M140 S0" and NOT USING SKEINFORGE!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
April 14, 2011 08:01PM
All the gcode commands are executed to the very end. There are no commands that require waiting like M109. The command to set the temperature that Skeinforge uses is M104 and M140, both of which are fast commands. It doesn't matter if you put these in your end.gcode file or if SF generates them. There are no slow command for setting the bed temperature according to the wiki.
April 15, 2011 02:13AM
Tcha, then I guess it's time to start looking at the RepRep Host source code!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login