Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NumberOfExtruders=0 HELP?

Posted by edictor 
NumberOfExtruders=0 HELP?
January 25, 2011 11:54PM
Hi there..
Because I wanted to test my machine without an extruder I thought I'd be smart and set the NumberOfExtruders=0.
Now Reprap doesn't want to start as it doesn't accept having no extruders.. Funny that..
Even deleting all files and reinstalling doesn't help.
I have searched for any preference files, but couldn't find any.
I am using Ubuntu.
Anyone that knows where to manually adjust the setting?
Re: NumberOfExtruders=0 HELP?
January 26, 2011 04:51AM
Hi edictor

Have a look in your reprap directory (and subdirectories) for a file called reprap.properties (if not that then try reprap.properties.dist but first look for reprap.dist). Open the file with a text editor and look for NumberOfExtruders. Set the value to the number you want and try again.

I don't know exactly where the file will be nor whether it loses the .dist extension as I am not at home but at work... looking at the download zip file.

Good luck. Let us know if you sort it out.
January 29, 2011 10:50PM
Yeah.. nah..
I have tried that..
Both Reprap Properties files in the directories have NumberOfExtruders set at 3.
Any sugestions on where else to look?
I have tried deleting all the Reprap related files and redoing the installation again, but that didn't help..
emt
February 02, 2011 11:26AM
Linux or Windows?

reprap.properties is usually in users\name\.reprap on Windows. Note the dot before reprap.

You may not see it unless you set up to see hidden and system files. Do a file search on reprap, you should find it

Regards

Ian
February 02, 2011 02:59PM
As per my first post, I am running Ubuntu..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login