Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which host version for plotting??

Posted by AgeingHippy 
Which host version for plotting??
January 03, 2011 08:53AM
Hello All

I would like to try some plotting and found this plotting page on the wiki.

It seems my version of the host (2010-08-06) is outdated as it does not seem to have the EXTRUDERn_LIFT(mm) setting nor does it have the PCB button as observed here.

I Have looked in sourceforge for an updated version but seems the 2010-08-06 build is the latest release. Can anyone please point me to the relevant software update?

Cheers
Re: Which host version for plotting??
January 03, 2011 09:17AM
FWIW - I have found a version which seems to have (some of) the missing elements here. I simply downloaded the reprap-mendel-LATEST.zip file and extracted the host files.

The PCB button exists and the EXTRUDERn_LIFT(mm) parameter exists in the reprap.properties.dist file BUT does not appear in the preferences tab of the host user interface. Can anyone advise?

I do not yet know whether or not it works or whether I need to update the firmware, but a step in the right direction.

I am doing all this so I can plot (rather than create a PCB ) using my printer. Someone mentioned attaching a pen and using paper to calibrate their mendel rather than wasting plastic... and since my bed is not flat enough to print with I thought I might get on with this. It seems to me a plot is really just a single layer 3D print... If anyone has an easier way to plot please let me know.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 09:40AM by AgeingHippy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login