Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

rs232and rs485 interface with pic and sdcc

Posted by khiraly 
rs232and rs485 interface with pic and sdcc
December 03, 2007 01:27PM
Hi!

I have assembled an ICD2 pic programmer, and Im interested to learn pic programming using sdcc.

I want to connect an rs485 device with my computer through a 16F877 PIC using sdcc.
Can somebody point me some resource and hints to do?
I have found this topic: [blog.reprap.org]
But the link does not work:
[hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au]

I now its not really related with reprap, but Im planning to learn pic programming first.

(main difficulties, that the 16F877 device has only one USART module, and I have no idea how can I realize an serial communication without the usart)

This mini project would be basically an rs232<->rs485 converter.

Any hints would be really helpful.

Best regards,
Khiraly
Re: rs232and rs485 interface with pic and sdcc
December 03, 2007 03:25PM
I think this is his new site

[njhurst.com]

I havent used sdcc, but if you built a icd2 programmer you can use MPLABs free IDE.
circuit diagram and programming tips please sent my id
thank you
palani kumar:v
July 13, 2008 10:16AM
I use a graphical frontend for ssdc called piklab [piklab.sourceforge.net]. In fedora its in the repos, I don't know about ubuntu. It has an option in the preferences for the icd2 programmer and supports a whole load of compilers (including sdcc, some other c ones and some basic ones)

This only gets you up and running with the compiler quickly, I can't be much help with actually learning the sdcc pic api
dsdsd
Hello, i m sohail, doing project of Vb interface with 8 devices having PIC16F877A controllers, actually i want to control 8 devices by one serial port PC using VB interface and update display panel with there positions via sensors and send that information back to PC and display real time position, i develop and test 8 separate systems but now problem is that i dont know how i can receive 8 devices position. information via a single port and vb can display information on screen because these 8 devices send data same time. please help me to find out how i can activate 8 devices at same time and at different times and then get results simultaneously.
VDX
March 12, 2010 07:29AM
... google for "Modbus" and other serial protocolling methods adressing multiple devices over a single bus ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
hello,
i make 2 of pic programer. but this can't work.
if you send your email address i send the circuit diagram to you.

Thanks
Mehedi
Re: rs232and rs485 interface with pic 16f877a
January 16, 2014 02:34AM
MY MAIL ID IS
kdeepakkartik@yahoo.com
plz help me how to interface the modbus/rs-485 with pic 16f877a and how can we read the data from modbus to pic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login