Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pic Programming with Linux

Posted by Freeman 
Pic Programming with Linux
August 25, 2007 11:53PM
For anyone who is interested - I have had success PIC programming with Linux using an open source program named Piklab. It even has a nice GUI. Piklab is available with installation instructions for multiple platforms including Ubuntu, at:

[piklab.sourceforge.net]

Hope this helps someone, I'd add it to the RepRap wiki myself, but.... you know, damn spammers.... smiling smiley
Re: Pic Programming with Linux
August 26, 2007 12:55PM
I find it odd that the wiki doesn't have more detailed information on programming a PIC through Linux, but I guess most people have been buying "non-standard" programmers with proprietary/non-standard software and just been using that.

Thanks, added.
September 05, 2007 08:41AM
Thanks for the info! Can you share what hardware programmer(s) you have used? Did it work to program the RepRap firmware on the spec'd chips? I am working on solving this problem for myself also, and have also found the documentation to be a little limited in that regard- as soon as I get it to work, I will fill in some of the details. :-)
September 05, 2007 09:46AM
wow, piklab seems to be pretty good. it appears to have parallel port support, i'll have to give it a try.

check this page:

[piklab.sourceforge.net]

also, for each device:

[piklab.sourceforge.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login