Advanced

Editing & Compiling PIC Firmware

Posted by emt 
emt
Editing & Compiling PIC Firmware
July 26, 2007 10:29AM
Hi

I am interested in modifying the PIC

When I first looked at the software instructions (Using Windows - Sorry Guys) it had a lot of information about installing Eclipse. I followed the instructions and managed to get all the files into my workspace. My first attempt at compiling the Reprap host failed. I then discovered Dan P's instructions on installing the ready to run host and that worked fine.

I just decided to look again at the firmware and found that the instructions changed few days ago and the references to using Eclipse to compile the firmware have been removed or moved.

Can someone point me in the right direction where I can find information on editing and compiling firmware for the stepper boards.

I have no Eclipse or Linux experience. I have written very simple PIC programmes using MPLAB and the free Hitech C compiler.

My interest is to try and get the stepping signals out on a couple of spare pins in step and direction format.

Regards

Ian
Re: Editing & Compiling PIC Firmware
July 26, 2007 07:31PM
Firmware development under Windows has been done using Cygwin,not Eclipse. Eclipse is for Java development primarily.

See the Wiki Page CygwinBuild at [www.reprap.org]

Jonathan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login