Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap host software on Windows Vista 64 bit

Posted by mochen72 
I'm still having issues getting the Reprap host software to run using the Eclipse method. The Eclipse version I just downloaded does not have a SVN Repository option. I get to step 5 where I need to choose "SVN Repository Exploring" but there is not an option for that. The closest I have is the CVS Repository. I tried using it but it gets stuck when I give the Host settings listed in the above instructions. I'm stuck. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm just trying to get the RepRap Host Software to run. The first two posts from mochen72 are exactly what's happening to me right now.

Regards,
JakAtak
(Windows 7 64-bit)
Re: Reprap host software on Windows Vista 64 bit
October 10, 2010 07:44AM
Eclipse doesn't do SVN as standard, and CVS is an entirely different system. Install the subclipse plugin for it as mentioned in the wiki.
Thanks for the reply. I've never dealt Eclipse before.
What's weird is that i was following the wiki but it wouldn't add the SVS Repository option until I rebooted my computer.
Anyways, I got a bit further and now I'm stuck at the part that says: "Then, add all the .jar files in the lib directory. I didn't have to change the native library location for those. "

How do I add the .jar files in the lib directory? Where do I add them? The instruction here is a bit vague for someone who's never dealt with Eclipse.

I assume I'm doing something wrong because when I try to run the Main.java code as a Java Application, nothing happens and I get a slew of error messages in the console.

Regards,
JakAtak
Below is the list of errors I received before it terminated.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Chad\workspace\Reprap\lib\system-dependent\windows-i586\rxtxSerial.dll: Can't
load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
Exception in thread "RepRap" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Chad\workspace\Reprap\lib\system-dependent\windows-i586\rxtxSerial.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.(CommPortIdentifier.java:83)
at org.reprap.comms.GCodeReaderAndWriter.openSerialConnection(GCodeReaderAndWriter.java:790)
at org.reprap.comms.GCodeReaderAndWriter.init(GCodeReaderAndWriter.java:207)
at org.reprap.comms.GCodeReaderAndWriter.(GCodeReaderAndWriter.java:168)
at org.reprap.machines.GCodeRepRap.(GCodeRepRap.java:44)
at org.reprap.machines.MachineFactory.create(MachineFactory.java:32)
at org.reprap.Main.(Main.java:100)
at org.reprap.Main$12.run(Main.java:477)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
I think I figured it out. Took me a while but I got it....actually my gf got it, but the point is that it works now on Windows 7 64-bit.
February 15, 2011 11:50AM
I have win7 Ultimate 64bit and installed java 6 update 22 64bit and it worked right away.
The only problem is that they seem to have stopped compiling the host software fro win7 64bit, which irritatess me because thats the way to go. Soon all the old systems will be OUT. However I would run the 32bit version but can't get it to run. The eclipse thing didn't work for me though the 32bit version of eclipse runs of course.
Reprap need to address their host software.
F
June 04, 2011 02:58PM
JakAtak I am getting the same list of errors. How did you, er your girlfriend resolve this?
6. To download the files, select 'reprap', then 'host', then right click and choose "checkout". It will ask you where to download to, the default location should be fine (workspace/Reprap or something).

Can't seem to find that reprap folder...
Anyone else?
May 24, 2012 03:01AM
I have trudged through these forums for all of today, and finally, I have discovered how to install RepRap host software on my Windows 7 x64 Pro. Since Win7 is the same nt number as Vista, this should work on Vista64, as well.

I am a Java programmer in love with Eclipse, but I still couldn't get everything to link up right.

If you are in the same boat,
Perform the following:

1. According to "Installing RepRap on your computer", Download the most current version here. When you try to run it (from the bat file), you will receive errors about a rxtx* link exception, and being unable to launch a 32 bit on a 64 bit platform. Make sure it is installed in the correct path, eg C:\Program Files\Reprap\.

2. Now, download the legacy 64 bit version and copy any files that have to do with rxtx or j3d from the 64bit version to the new version.

3. Try giving it a run now. If it still doesn't work, try the system variable path fix.

I hope this helps.
Thank you good sir. Finaly it works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login