Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how do i sd card print?

Posted by synchrotron 
how do i sd card print?
August 11, 2012 10:18AM
Hello

I don't really know where this thread belongs, but this forum seems to be the most active, so here i go.

I have a Durbie Prusa Mendel V2 with GEN6 electronics. It works most of the time, I can print larger jobs, the results don't look too bad and all. After the first print attempts the following problem came up. When trying to print something with Pronterface (run on Ubuntu 11.04/Linuxmint 12 250000 baudrate) the printer would suddenly stop after 2-3 minutes and not respond to commands anymore, what basically rendered the whole thing useless (however, I could just disconnect->connect and it responded again). I switched to Repetierhost, run on Windows 7, that fixed the problem.

Now with bigger jobs - several hours and such - the PC would be occupied with printing, because the motors make some awful high pitched sounds which make concentrating next to it near impossible. This leads me to my actual problem: I then tried to run jobs from the SD card, so I can disconnect my PC and take it somewhere else (that is the purpose of SD card printing, right?). Everything runs fine (disconnect, close the program, I can even log off. With both Pronterface/linux and Repetierhost/windows) until i pull the USB plug. The printer then completes the next few commands, not even a whole layer and stops.

That's it, just tell me if you need more information.
Re: how do i sd card print?
August 11, 2012 10:37AM
With Sanguniololu and Melzi you have to remove the auto reset jumper to allow it to run without a USB connection. It has to be replaced again if you want to reflash the firmware. Does Gen6 have such a jumper?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
August 11, 2012 11:21AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think I have either Melzi or Sanguinololu. But I can't even figure out what exactly I have. It's a Gen6.d Orangeknob from romscraj.com. There are several jumper pins on the board but no single jumper attached on it.

it looks about like this: [reprap.org]

and exactly like this: [romscraj.com]
August 11, 2012 12:17PM
If it is the same as gen6 then you would need to remove C7 as it doesn't have a jumper.

I don't think gen6d is opensource so I can't say. Ask romscraj.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login