Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Pronterface

Posted by jackBowen 
Help with Pronterface
March 14, 2012 08:41PM
Okay so I've got a Prusa all built and it communicates just fine with Pronterface. However, it keeps crashing. When I tell it to move up and down in the z, it moves to where it needs to be and then the motors turn off until their next instruction. When I tell it to extrude or move in the x or y, the motors move but then stay on once they're still again. When I say they're "on" I just mean they're stationary but still making a mechanical whining noise as if they're moving. If two are more motors are in this state, the voltage from my power supply drops from 12v to about 6v and the gen6 electronics turn off. Consequently, Pronterface is no longer able to communicate with it. Is the problem with Pronterface, my power supply, or something else? Thanks in advance and let me know if there's any other helpful info I can post.
Re: Help with Pronterface
April 11, 2012 11:42PM
The motors are being "held" in position by your firmware, this is quite normal. Most likely your power supply can't keep up with the current draw. Do you have a heated bed (They can pull a lot of current)? What is the rating on the 12V rail of your power supply (if its a PC power supply)?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login